Sabres RFAs Receiving Qualifying Offers from the Team

Brawndo

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Was going to say, could've sworn they announced this last week, but then realized that was merely them (or a reporter) stating what their intentions were.

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So long Eric Cornel, Sean Malone, Brycen Martin and Jack Dougherty.

Jack is the only mild surprise.

Not so fast on Malone.  He was signed to a 1 year AHL deal.

When close to 50, it's good to own the parent & AHL squad.

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Was going to say, could've sworn they announced this last week, but then realized that was merely them (or a reporter) stating what their intentions were.

Missed that. Good decision even if it seems to offend the Rochester crowd for some reason. Cornel and Daugherty also seem like solid AHLers.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Elie is so fcking bad

If memory serves correct he was a waiver wire pick-up when Wilson broke his ankle during training camp, correct? I'd imagine he'd be Rochester bound and would only come up for injuries? Still scratching my head a bit with how this off-season is going. We haven't gotten rid of anybody (except maybe Pomminstein who I'm replacing with Oloffson?). I have faith he'll add in FA but we're going to have to get rid of a player or two, right? Or do we just waive the dead weight?

6 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

If memory serves correct he was a waiver wire pick-up when Wilson broke his ankle during training camp, correct? I'd imagine he'd be Rochester bound and would only come up for injuries? Still scratching my head a bit with how this off-season is going. We haven't gotten rid of anybody (except maybe Pomminstein who I'm replacing with Oloffson?). I have faith he'll add in FA but we're going to have to get rid of a player or two, right? Or do we just waive the dead weight?

Let's hope Pominville is history.  There were reports his people were talking with the Sabres.  (Ideally to pick which evening they were choosing to celebrate his retirement &  induction into the Sabres HoF.  If it was about bring him back; shoot us all now and put us out of our misery.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

So long Eric Cornel, Sean Malone, Brycen Martin and Jack Dougherty.

Jack is the only mild surprise.

That Cornel pick looked brutal from the beginning.  I barely watched any Pete’s games but the few I saw he didn’t have a clue out there most nights.  Even at the time I thought no way is he worth the 44th overall pick.  He had one decent year a couple of seasons ago where I was surprised the numbers he was putting up.  Otherwise he was never even close to being a real prospect.  Who drafted that gem 44 overall in 2014?  DR?

54 minutes ago, Derrico said:

That Cornel pick looked brutal from the beginning.  I barely watched any Pete’s games but the few I saw he didn’t have a clue out there most nights.  Even at the time I thought no way is he worth the 44th overall pick.  He had one decent year a couple of seasons ago where I was surprised the numbers he was putting up.  Otherwise he was never even close to being a real prospect.  Who drafted that gem 44 overall in 2014?  DR?

GMTM. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

I wonder if you’ll see the other two go that route. Martin is clearly gone since he couldn’t even play in Cincinnati last year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.