Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Sabres RFAs Receiving Qualifying Offers from the Team

Recommended Posts

So long Eric Cornel, Sean Malone, Brycen Martin and Jack Dougherty.

Jack is the only mild surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

 

Was going to say, could've sworn they announced this last week, but then realized that was merely them (or a reporter) stating what their intentions were.

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So long Eric Cornel, Sean Malone, Brycen Martin and Jack Dougherty.

Jack is the only mild surprise.

Not so fast on Malone.  He was signed to a 1 year AHL deal.

When close to 50, it's good to own the parent & AHL squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Was going to say, could've sworn they announced this last week, but then realized that was merely them (or a reporter) stating what their intentions were.

Not so fast on Malone.  He was signed to a 1 year AHL deal.

When close to 50, it's good to own the parent & AHL squad.

 Missed that. Good decision even if it seems to offend the Rochester crowd for some reason. Cornel and Daugherty also seem like solid AHLers.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Elie is so fcking bad

He was pretty good for Rochester though, from what I heard. That's probably why. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Elie is so fcking bad

If memory serves correct he was a waiver wire pick-up when Wilson broke his ankle during training camp, correct? I'd imagine he'd be Rochester bound and would only come up for injuries? Still scratching my head a bit with how this off-season is going. We haven't gotten rid of anybody (except maybe Pomminstein who I'm replacing with Oloffson?). I have faith he'll add in FA but we're going to have to get rid of a player or two, right? Or do we just waive the dead weight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

If memory serves correct he was a waiver wire pick-up when Wilson broke his ankle during training camp, correct? I'd imagine he'd be Rochester bound and would only come up for injuries? Still scratching my head a bit with how this off-season is going. We haven't gotten rid of anybody (except maybe Pomminstein who I'm replacing with Oloffson?). I have faith he'll add in FA but we're going to have to get rid of a player or two, right? Or do we just waive the dead weight?

Let's hope Pominville is history.  There were reports his people were talking with the Sabres.  (Ideally to pick which evening they were choosing to celebrate his retirement &  induction into the Sabres HoF.  If it was about bring him back; shoot us all now and put us out of our misery.)

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

He was pretty good for Rochester though, from what I heard. That's probably why. 

That’s exactly why. He’ll play 95% of the time in Roch I bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dudacek said:

So long Eric Cornel, Sean Malone, Brycen Martin and Jack Dougherty.

Jack is the only mild surprise.

That Cornel pick looked brutal from the beginning.  I barely watched any Pete’s games but the few I saw he didn’t have a clue out there most nights.  Even at the time I thought no way is he worth the 44th overall pick.  He had one decent year a couple of seasons ago where I was surprised the numbers he was putting up.  Otherwise he was never even close to being a real prospect.  Who drafted that gem 44 overall in 2014?  DR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Derrico said:

That Cornel pick looked brutal from the beginning.  I barely watched any Pete’s games but the few I saw he didn’t have a clue out there most nights.  Even at the time I thought no way is he worth the 44th overall pick.  He had one decent year a couple of seasons ago where I was surprised the numbers he was putting up.  Otherwise he was never even close to being a real prospect.  Who drafted that gem 44 overall in 2014?  DR?

GMTM. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not so fast on Malone.  He was signed to a 1 year AHL deal.

When close to 50, it's good to own the parent & AHL squad.

I wonder if you’ll see the other two go that route. Martin is clearly gone since he couldn’t even play in Cincinnati last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shrader said:

I wonder if you’ll see the other two go that route. Martin is clearly gone since he couldn’t even play in Cincinnati last year. 

It’s really too bad with Malone. Injuries killed him. He had definite NHL potential.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dudacek said:

 Missed that. Good decision even if it seems to offend the Rochester crowd for some reason. Cornel and Daugherty also seem like solid AHLers.

I don't think any Amerk fan has a problem with Sean Malone. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...