2019 Summer Trade Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Absolutely pissed this wasn’t us. No clue what Vegas is thinking here. You really couldn’t have gotten a 2nd from someone?

I would have done that without thinking. You have to think he was shopped around first, so Botterill must have disagreed.

He better be keeping his powder dry for something.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

I would have done that without thinking. You have to think he was shopped around first, so Botterill must have disagreed.

He better be keeping his powder dry for something.

If he’s got other moves up his sleeve that’s fine but I’m not so confident. I think these early offseason moves scare off a lot of teams because they want to see what else they can accomplish first. Good on the Hurricanes for taking advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Hoss said:

Absolutely pissed this wasn’t us. No clue what Vegas is thinking here. You really couldn’t have gotten a 2nd from someone?

This is not a big deal and moving deck chairs around basically. Certainly nothing I'm upset about in the least. 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

If he’s got other moves up his sleeve that’s fine but I’m not so confident. I think these early offseason moves scare off a lot of teams because they want to see what else they can accomplish first. Good on the Hurricanes for taking advantage.

Botterill said his biggest advantage is being able to use cap space to his advantage, like last season. 

Really want to see him do it.

There are also teams that aren’t near the cap, but have internal budgets, as well as teams that are poised to spend a ton of cash on free agents and will want to move bodies out to compensate once they confirm what they will be spending.

Nashville signing Duchene may lead to the rumoured Turris trade here, for example, but there are many other possibilities.

Inversely, teams that have lost out on a UFA May turn to the trade market. For example trading for Risto may interest Vancouver a lot more if they don’t sign Tyler Myers.

And then there is the whole “talks with RFA break down so he’s being shopped” scenario.

Im almost resigned to not seeing a Sabres move until the dust starts to settle.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, dudacek said:

There are also teams that aren’t near the cap, but have internal budgets, as well as teams that are poised to spend a ton of cash on free agents and will want to move bodies out to compensate once they confirm what they will be spending.

Nashville signing Duchene may lead to the rumoured Turris trade here, for example, but there are many other possibilities.

Inversely, teams that have lost out on a UFA May turn to the trade market. For example trading for Risto may interest Vancouver a lot more if they don’t sign Tyler Myers.

And then there is the whole “talks with RFA break down so he’s being shopped” scenario.

Im almost resigned to not seeing a Sabres move until the dust starts to settle.

Gotta let the market set. - Darcy

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Remember when Rutherford straight said he wasn't trading Kessel? Example 10,000 of why nobody should ever take public comments by GMs at face value. 

Agree.  He may have taken that stance to soften up Kessel if Kessel really wanted out of Pittsburgh.   Rutherford said fine, Kessel stays.  Then Kessel may have determined that Arizona wasn't so bad after all.  Or Rutherford could have been turning the screws on Arizona to up their offer.  Gamesmanship at all levels.  If a GM ain't negotiating, he ain't working.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.