2019 Summer Trade Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I love how this deal is setting up other deals for both the Rangers and the Jets.

Just like the Coburn signing is setting up a move for Tampa and the Karlsson signing sets free people from San Jose. Lots of teams with lots of balls in the air.

Looks like there are a lot of dominoes to fall.

Wouldn't it be nice if Botts somehow had his fingers in all these pies?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

From the looks of it, yes, Risto and 31 probably would have been better for Winnipeg, but it Trouba had zero interest in being in Buffalo then it wouldn’t have been a very good deal for the Sabres.

He is one year from free agency. Rangers must feel he will sign with them. Maybe Sabres weren't as confident.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Do you honestly think Risto is equal to Pionk? I'm not a huge Risto fan, but this really isn't close. 

The #31 vs #20 and then Risto vs Poink add to that to taking a significant chance on signing Truba long term.

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

The #31 vs #20 and then Risto vs Poink add to that to taking a significant chance on signing Truba long term.

The question is value from the Jets' perspective, not the team that has to sign Trouba. The gap between Risto and Pionk is considerably wider in value than between #31 and 20. So if Pionk and 20 was enough, I don't see why Risto would have to be involved for us to make it happen. Pionk is bad! Cheveldayoff might have wanted a RHD, but I can't help but wonder if McCabe + #31 would have been enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The question is value from the Jets' perspective, not the team that has to sign Trouba. The gap between Risto and Pionk is considerably wider in value than between #31 and 20. So if Pionk and 20 was enough, I don't see why Risto would have to be involved for us to make it happen. Pionk is bad! Cheveldayoff might have wanted a RHD, but I can't help but wonder if McCabe + #31 would have been enough. 

I'm not sure McCabe with his injuries is that attractive to other teams but if you're taking on Truba without assurance he'll sign here his value is decreased considerably.

38 minutes ago, Radar said:

He is one year from free agency. Rangers must feel he will sign with them. Maybe Sabres weren't as confident.

Yes, that's what I was suggesting.   I think it likely that teams contemplating a trade have looked pretty deeply into whether Trouba would like to sign with them, considering his long standing unwillingness to sign long term with the Jets.

He’s a strictly defensive defenseman who is showing his age. Fletcher gave up a 2nd and 3rd to a Cap Strapped Team opening up 3.8 Million in Cap Space. 

This will allow AV to play Veterans and suppress the ice time of his younger D Man. Not the best scenario in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Braun is a pretty good defenseman and Philly needed some better defense badly. They're a better team this coming season with Niskanen and Braun.

Won’t argue this point. But Braun is 32 and had a poor year, -14 on real good team. 

More importantly, he will be a UFA next year. I don’t really see him as much different than Scandella or Bogosian.

Pick 41 alone seems a high price for that, let alone throwing in an extra 3rd. I mean, it’s almost as much as the Sabres paid for Skinner.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Looks like Trouba's fiancee's medical residency had a lot to do with why he wanted to leave Winnipeg.  https://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets/personal-decision-for-trouba-jets-werent-the-issue-for-departing-defenceman

And i might add, unless she's already entered her residency match, it might play into where he chooses to sign after next year as well.

If she hasn't matched or whatever then someone should get talking to the Buffalo hospitals on taking her into the program and convincing her that Buffalo should be at the top of her list. ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.