Sabres Development Camp Announced

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

As the roster  stands now he's a shoe in.

Top 6 in my squadron for sure.

Other notes: The only question is whether he plays RW instead of his listed left -- with Skinner-Eichel, and become a Pominville with the legs to keep up all year. Or does he play left wing on the 2nd line (with maybe Reinhart and a new center), or a brand new 2nd line altogether if Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart remains the top line.

5 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Top 6 in my squadron for sure.

Other notes: The only question is whether he plays RW instead of his listed left -- with Skinner-Eichel, and become a Pominville with the legs to keep up all year. Or does he play left wing on the 2nd line (with maybe Reinhart and a new center), or a brand new 2nd line altogether if Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart remains the top line.

I dont like having him and Skinner on the same line. Two undersized forwards, maybe its old school thinking but you need someone to win some puck battles along the wall.  

35 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I dont like having him and Skinner on the same line. Two undersized forwards, maybe its old school thinking but you need someone to win some puck battles along the wall.  

Agreed. I think if Mitts were ready for 2C or we signed a legitimate 2C-level center...  (and if Okposo we able to regain his game a full 1.5 years removed from his health scare...), Olof-2C-Okposo might be good. But likely with the Okposo-train moving on... we don't have the winger who is going to win the board battles. Girgensons might, but then he hasn't shown anything with the win --- remember, he played with Jack a ton in 17-18 and had like 14 points to show for it.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Lol Tage messed up a toe drag and it led to a 2 on 1 against. Ah the memories! 

If there's a place to try it... it's in the wide open space of a 3-on-3, and... yeah. He's got to learn to use his body (and weight once he has it), rather than just try to dangle all the time. With that length, he's got to be able to free space for a shot, not go for the toe drag every time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.