Sabres Development Camp Announced

Brawndo

12 hours ago, hsif said:

Looks like the Tournament tickets are available to STH but not the general public...... that sucks...........

Well since there are 15,000 STH’s and 2,500 seats available at Harbor Center. And there is massive interest  ...

Every year the place is packed.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been lucky enough to get there for the last 4 or 5 years and last year Taro gifted me tickets (thank you Sir)......

23 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Well since there are 15,000 STH’s and 2,500 seats available at Harbor Center.

Well, when they held the event at the "Keybank" Center and charged for tickets they never had this issue........... It was great fun..... sit where you want..... We'd sit behind a goalie for a bit.... then change to center ice...... then wherever...... big fun........ then off to Thin Man!

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/20/2019 at 8:11 AM, hsif said:

I've been lucky enough to get there for the last 4 or 5 years and last year Taro gifted me tickets (thank you Sir)......

Well, when they held the event at the "Keybank" Center and charged for tickets they never had this issue........... It was great fun..... sit where you want..... We'd sit behind a goalie for a bit.... then change to center ice...... then wherever...... big fun........ then off to Thin Man!

you mean back in the day when the Sabres actually appreciated ALL the fans and not just STH? I was there in 2015....part of the over 17,000 in attendance.

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=69939

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Most camp invites and even draftees are not signed to contracts at the time of development camp.  I would say this doesn't matter.

Haven’t they traditionally only brought guys to this camp up until they finished their ELC? That approach would explain Smith. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Interesting.TT’s presence seems to support the prospect argument.

Should CJ Smith also be included? He’s older but has only played two pro seasons. The Sabres still consider him a prospect and I think I do too.

So yes to Thompson being a prospect, and no to CJ, based on this list. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Pilut is on the list,  but no Nylander?

Nylander being left off I found a bit surprising.  

38 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So yes to Thompson being a prospect, and no to CJ, based on this list. 

Nylander being left off I found a bit surprising. 

Thought there was some league wide rule that a player could only be invited to 3 prospect camps.  Definitely not positive on that.

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t think so. I seem to recall Bailey and/or Baptiste did 5.

might be #4 for Asplund and Thompson. Olofsson Borgen and Hickey have been around even longer, though each may have skipped in the past.

I’m real curious. Is that injury still nagging him? Remember all the talk of his great attitude last year, even though he didn’t skate due to injury. It’s almost like I expect him to pull some kind of stunt, even though nothing in his past suggests he will.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

might be #4 for Asplund and Thompson. Olofsson Borgen and Hickey have been around even longer, though each may have skipped in the past.

I’m real curious. Is that injury still nagging him? Remember all the talk of his great attitude last year, even though he didn’t skate due to injury. It’s almost like I expect him to pull some kind of stunt, even though nothing in his past suggests he will.

There's more smoke surrounding Alex than his brother, who plays in the Big Smoke. 

54 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Thought there was some league wide rule that a player could only be invited to 3 prospect camps.  Definitely not positive on that.

48 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The rule actually is that a player can't be required to attend more than 3 development camps.  But he can voluntarily attend more than 3.  (Rule 15.10)

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.