2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If Marner ends up signing for the money he wants, it's really going to make that William Nylander contract look fantastic for Toronto. 

I think Nylander’s contract would just make Marner’s look bad. 

I'm gonna say it: I had (chose) to unfollow Bob McKenzie a few weeks ago. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something uniquely annoying, even grating, about his cottage country updates. I can only see so many of his fart-sniffing Instagram posts with glasses of inky red wine set against the back drop of a loon-populated lake before I feel the need to smash whatever screen I'm in front of. 

• Like (+1) 1

I dunno, it's just like: FOOK YOU, BOB. Yes, we appreciate your NHL scoops and insights. But no one gives a fug about your near north vacation time. So stop with all the preening over your hard-earned downtime, eh? Just get busy about having your downtime. Log off, Pops.

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

I dunno, it's just like: FOOK YOU, BOB. Yes, we appreciate your NHL scoops and insights. But no one gives a fug about your near north vacation time. So stop with all the preening over your hard-earned downtime, eh? Just get busy about having your downtime. Log off, Pops.

He used to just log off for the summer. He's much more online now and it's annoying.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

He used to just log off for the summer. He's much more online now and it's annoying.

Seriously. I want to drive up to Bracebridge and hang a left, find the codger in town, and ... I dunno. Let the air out of his bike's tires.

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Potayto, potahto. 

Kinda, but Nylander at what, 7 mil per (isn't it 7.5? Sites always seem to list that near-7 AAV but its 45 mil over 6 years = 7.5) seems much closer to true value than what Marner is asking for. He wants what, 11+ per year?

45 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It doesn't help that his (and the other blue tics') contribution to our enjoyment of the sport is purely the type of thing that irks us in all of our real-life social circles. They're all glorified gossips and rarely give any insight into the game itself, often just rumors (many true, some not, some probably politicized/agenda-driven) 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'm gonna say it: I had (chose) to unfollow Bob McKenzie a few weeks ago. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something uniquely annoying, even grating, about his cottage country updates. I can only see so many of his fart-sniffing Instagram posts with glasses of inky red wine set against the back drop of a loon-populated lake before I feel the need to smash whatever screen I'm in front of. 

Says the guy from bobcaygeon?

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

You jelly, bro?

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Been really quiet league wide for the most part. There are teams with cap situations, teams who would like to move some contracts, teams who would like to collect some draft picks. I really do wonder what is bottle-necking the league wide action.

The RFAs

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Been really quiet league wide for the most part. There are teams with cap situations, teams who would like to move some contracts, teams who would like to collect some draft picks. I really do wonder what is bottle-necking the league wide action.

Better and refined asset management league-wide and longer term contracts for better-than-scrub level players- this effectively killed the UFA market.  On the trade market, teams may not want to leverage futures for players susceptible to a expansion draft.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dejeanerret said:

Colorado is smoking something crazy.

Dzingel 26G, 56P, AAV $3.35m

Reinhart.  22G, 65P, AAV $3.65M

Compher 16G, 32P, AAV $3.5M

?

I believe the former are on prove it contracts, whereas with the addition of a literally entire 2nd line to Colorado, Compher knows that's about as good as it's gonna get 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.