2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

6 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

He was decent when he was with the Rangers..

I seem to remember several poster here wanting the Sabres to sign him back then.  On the other hand, my memory is very far from good, so I may have that all wrong and it was some other guy.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
the whole 'ed' and 'ing' thing is so confusing ...
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dejeanerret said:

He's a steal based on 26 goals and 56 points last year.  49 goals last two seasons on a crappy OTT team.

We paid more for an injury prone Johannson

Yep. I like the addition of Johansson but thats kind of what i was thinking myself. Canes got a great deal there.

Really hope Mojo stays healthy, otherwise i'll look back to this & get even more depressed lol.

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Man, this summer has made offer sheets a weird concept. Are we now operating under the assumption that the reasons more GM's don't do offer sheets is because offer sheets are actually helpful to the team with the RFA being sheeted?

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Man, this summer has made offer sheets a weird concept. Are we now operating under the assumption that the reasons more GM's don't do offer sheets is because offer sheets are actually helpful to the team with the RFA being sheeted?

This seems to be the spin put on it after the Aho situation.  I honestly fail to see how this is the case, however.  A GM who knows what he's doing has/had the ability to lower the boom in a few situations this summer.  They're just not doing it for fear of being challenged to a barn fight, or some such.

Unless you're Marc ***** Bergevin, then you just get played like a fiddle and go on about your business afterwards.

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I still don't get that whole idea of "we're done negotiating, so we'll let someone else do it for us".  Sure, the player may get a better idea of his actual value after talking to someone else, but it just seems like a good way to stick yourself with a term you don't like all while establishing some bad blood.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Potentially, but only in cases where there’s a massive divide (like Marner and the Leafs - Dubas screwed the pooch waiting to sign Marner last) or in circumstances like in the Aho scenario where the sheet was an “easy match” for Carolina. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.