2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Point did just that. He and Aho have the same agent and they apparently told Montreal no thanks.

Columbus, Colorado and New Jersey are also mentioned as possibilities as well.

Was it Montreal-specific or general to leaving Tampa at all? Also, ya never know, things can change if negotiations are going poorly. 

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

He spoke with who?  Ownership of this unknown team?  I have no idea who Joey Vandetta is.

That what I said to you . He spoke with owner of team he wished not reveal . That said ownership deciding now to proceed or no. Joey Vandetta a media personality . 

1 hour ago, Trettioåtta said:

Is Marner worth 4 firsts?

5 years @ 10.5 is pretty horrible for Toronto anyway and it is much more palatable if they walk away

Really? 4 -1st round picks...that's crazy. Marner is real good but you are totally giving up your future for one player. I just can't seem to get to that place and  think: "yeah he's worth the next 4 -1st round picks and our future for the foreseeable future

Edited by Sabre fan

5 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

Really? 4 -1st round picks...that's crazy. Marner is real good but you are totally giving up your future for one player. I just can't seem to get to that place and  think: "yeah he's worth the next 4 -1st round picks and our future for the foreseeable future

This is exactly why it needs to happen: so we can watch two teams get screwed.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is exactly why it needs to happen: so we can watch two teams get screwed.

with all the lunacy we see every July 1st in free agency it is somewhat surprising some idiot hasn;t done it yet. of course you have to not only give away 4 picks but probably 12 million per and most teams can't do that...so many are already in cap-hell and it is to stay down next year too apparently

Edited by Sabre fan

24 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

I can't remember the last time the Sabres didn't have a 1st round pick, and what future has it gotten us? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Risto, 1st and Nylander for M.M ? would that work? or sheet for 11 mil 3 yrs?

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Way too much to give. Especially to a diversion rival.

Toronto would never go for that. We'd have to give them Reinhart ++

3 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

When do we stop building for the future and start building for now? Are 4 20+ picks really worth saving for players who will probably never be as good as Marner? At some point they need to make moves to make the team better now. They have enough youth right now, and it's not like they are going to get older by brining in a player like Marner, they will still be a very young team.

He can also make a guy like Sam expendable and might be able to get some picks or prospects back in return to restock Rochester

Edited by apuszczalowski

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

When do we stop building for the future and start building for now? Are 4 20+ picks really worth saving for players who will probably never be as good as Marner? At some point they need to make moves to make the team better now. They have enough youth right now, and it's not like they are going to get older by brining in a player like Marner, they will still be a very young team.

If we were going to be picking 20+, I would agree with you.  I think "20+" has an extra digit for where I think we pick even with Marner.  Not a #1/2 Centre => Not right now.  Point, on the other hand, would be perfect.

No idea where the discussion was for this, and no idea if Aho would have accepted a contract from us, but MTL, if you're going to offer sheet Aho, do it with all capital letters, don't just toss something easy to match. He was intent on 5 years anyway, and CAR has no issue with 8.4 mil.

I'd have gone up to obscene AAV to force them to give him to me 

Stupid Bergevin

• Like (+1) 2

I'm at the point where I think were getting close to these kids need to start winning now, 1st round picks are great for the future but there is no now, Marner would instantly make our roster better, would we be able to still add Johansson or Dzingel? If so I'm all for it.

18 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

He can also make a guy like Sam expendable and might be able to get some picks or prospects back in return to restock Rochester

agreed our 1st round picks do seem to suck but other teams rebuild through the draft and four 1st rounders is, or at least seems to be a lot of picks for one very

good player

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.