2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

The leafs sure are throwing money around yet still have not signed Mitch...what the heck are they doing? Trying to piss him right off???

They’ve got to get their cap situation right to get a deal done. That and it’s called negotiating. They’ve got plenty of time because the threat of an offer sheet has pretty much passed.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

They’ve got to get their cap situation right to get a deal done. That and it’s called negotiating. They’ve got plenty of time because the threat of an offer sheet has pretty much passed.

This is true.

however, listening to leaf talk on the drive in this morning the longer this goes it favours Marner (according to the analyst).  The division is so tight and with Tampa and Boston bringing back the same team they need a good start to the season.  They’ve lost back to back game 7s to the bruins.  They desperately want home ice advantage this year. You can almost kiss that goodbye if Marner pulls a nylander and sits out the first couple of months.

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm not sure of their cap situation but I could see Montreal doing this. 

If they're willing to go 4-1sts, can't see a reason (other than it being Bergevin) why they didn't go to at least 2-1sts+ in their Aho offer.

5 minutes ago, millbank said:

Would Mitch make the Sabres a playoff team with a excellent core ?

They'd still need a 1-2 year stop gap at 2C until Mittelstadt's ready for that role.

And it would likely mean Reinhart would be gone, if not after this coming season soon thereafter, as I doubt the team could afford 3 high priced wingers once Dahlin comes off the ELC.

But, on the plus side, assuming they get something useful for Reinhart, they'd be out of needing to go hard into FA for quite a while as they'd have a pretty solid base at F and D.  Hopefully Luukkonnen (or Ullmark) can become that high end G they'll need.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll take it's not happening for $2000, Alex. But man oh man do I hope it does. 

Edit: I'm also unsure why a team would rather offer sheet Marner than Point, unless Point has indicated he's not interested in leaving Tampa. 

Point did just that. He and Aho have the same agent and they apparently told Montreal no thanks.

Columbus, Colorado and New Jersey are also mentioned as possibilities as well.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

If they're willing to go 4-1sts, can't see a reason (other than it being Bergevin) why they didn't go to at least 2-1sts+ in their Aho offer.

It said Montreal looked into Braydon Point as other teams have and was told he wanting to work out something with his current team and would not sign a offer sheet.  It being said the four most likely teams be eastern conference teams just speculation for Marner are the Devils, Flyers, Buffalo , Montreal. As Mitch did would he decline these teams. 

Just imagine the buzz in Buffalo  . 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll take it's not happening for $2000, Alex. But man oh man do I hope it does. 

Edit: I'm also unsure why a team would rather offer sheet Marner than Point, unless Point has indicated he's not interested in leaving Tampa. 

You also said we wouldn’t see any offer sheets ?

I know for cap purposes they probably can’t but I really hope this ends up being Boston.

Stolen from reddit, can't get the link to format properly so here's the picture: team's that can realistically offer sheet Marner based on salary and having the picks (4 1sts)

Based off that list, I'm guessing it's going to be Philly if the rumors are actually true

RFA.PNG

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.