2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

Paul Hamilton just read a list of players without stating which teams they signed with. He was just telling the audience that they had signed. He would randomly mix in the guys the Sabres have signed. I was screaming at my radio. What was the point of that Paul?

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

It hurts me, I really wanted him! 

And they spend their first rounder on Knight, what the hell is Tallon doing? 

Very few first rounders outside the top 10 start right away, goalies usually take longer to develop and start. They now have someone to take the reigns now with a very good prospect to eventually back him up and take over. 5 years with a NMC, by then knight should be ready to take over

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Very few first rounders outside the top 10 start right away, goalies usually take longer to develop and start. They now have someone to take the reigns now with a very good prospect to eventually back him up and take over. 5 years with a NMC, by then knight should be ready to take over

Who's going to trade for a 36 year old goalie with a $10M cap hit? (He'll be 31 by the time this season starts)

• Like (+1) 1

I dont know if this has been posted yet but Vancouver has jumped into the free-agent pool, signing defenseman Tyler Myers to a five-year contract with an AAV of $6 million.  The Canucks also signed defenseman Jordie Benn to a two-year contract with an AAV of $2 million

Guess that means no trade with us for Risto or Bogo

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Worry about it then. Either he backs up Knight or they find someone to take him as a salary dump or even a buyout.

This is exactly how teams get screwed. It's really not hard to sign absurdly stupid deals if you're a GM

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This is exactly how teams get screwed. It's really not hard to sign absurdly stupid deals if you're a GM

And yet teams are always able to get out of being screwed. In 5 years $10 mil a year isn't going to be as bad as it seems today. It also won't be so bad if it improves your team and your making the playoffs with the income from that

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Who's going to trade for a 36 year old goalie with a $10M cap hit? (He'll be 31 by the time this season starts)

I remember the Red Wings trading for a 37 year old goalie who was making $8M, about 20 years ago... with inflation that would be around 11.5M now. If Bob stays healthy, who knows?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.