2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I doubt he's the one they let go. They do have a ton of guys that could come loose though

image.thumb.png.ff07b86cabb963438a118e7648ee7514.png

Is there anyone else who has even close to that much money invested into their top 3 D?  Most of the high end guys that are popping into my head look to be on discounted deals.

22 minutes ago, shrader said:

Is there anyone else who has even close to that much money invested into their top 3 D?  Most of the high end guys that are popping into my head look to be on discounted deals.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

That seems like a lot of money to have tied up on defense.

Can't wait to pay Dahlin $15M per year...

Meier and Leblanc are RFA’s per Evolving Hockey’s Contract their AAV should come in at just under 10 million total. They have 23 Million in space and that’s based on an 83 Million Dollar Cap, the actual number expected to be lower.  That means that they would have approximately two million left for Pavelski and Thornton. It’s going to be interesting 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Brawndo said:

Meier and Leblanc are RFA’s per Evolving Hockey’s Contract their AAV should come in at just under 10 million total. They have 23 Million in space and that’s based on an 83 Million Dollar Cap, the actual number expected to be lower.  That means that they would have approximately two million left for Pavelski and Thornton. It’s going to be interesting 

Gotta think they've decided to let the Thornton ship finally sail.

I wonder if they think they can get someone to take the Martin Jones contract?

I don't think I'd want to touch that Vlasic contract either. The money is okay but the term is scary as hell.

I think, if I were a SJ fan, I'd be pissed if Pavelski walked in FA.

I'd let Jumbo Joe be our stopgap #2 center next season though...

• nfreeman locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't think I'd want to touch that Vlasic contract either. The money is okay but the term is scary as hell.

If he has another year left there is 0% chance that he will sign with a team who hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 9 seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

If he has another year left there is 0% chance that he will sign with a team who hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 9 seasons.

He'll probably just sign in San Jose for pennies unless San Jose straight up doesn't want him anymore.

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I can't believe Vlasic is 32. Without looking, I thought he was like 28-29.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Joonas Donskoi would be a nice target as well 

This is going to sound a bit off, but he's my #1 free agent in a lot of ways.  He's the type of player this team needs, speed, creativity, two way game, and in his 20's.  Depth is this teams biggest issue.  Burakovsky is another guy that I'm all about going out to get. 

• Like (+1) 4

Donskoi is a player lots of teams will covet. Especially IF the Sharks decide to move on from him. Although he's come out publicly stating his desire to stay on with them, so its really up to San Jose on this one. But yeah IF he's available & the bidding war amongst teams doesnt push the cost up too high, he's definitely 1 player we should target.

Yes he had a 35 game scoreless drought last season, but you can see the value of his game.

• nfreeman changed the title to 2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)
5 hours ago, MillerVaive said:

Donskoi is a player lots of teams will covet. Especially IF the Sharks decide to move on from him. Although he's come out publicly stating his desire to stay on with them, so its really up to San Jose on this one. But yeah IF he's available & the bidding war amongst teams doesnt push the cost up too high, he's definitely 1 player we should target.

Yes he had a 35 game scoreless drought last season, but you can see the value of his game.

Since they just signed Karlsson for 11.5, I think it’s less likely than ever that they bring Donskoi back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.