OT Happy Father's Day

North Buffalo

Son is home for the weekend.  We went out for beers last night. Was a nice evening.

Was hoping to fish this AM but the rain is still falling........ maybe I'll get a couple hours in before the extended family arrives for dinner.....

• Like (+1) 1

Little guys are sick today.  The three year old slept with wife and I and I woke to him puking all over me.  Wouldn’t trade it for the world.  Happy Father’s Day to all those out there living it.  Most exciting, rewarding, stressful, tiring commitment you will ever accomplish.  All worth it in the end.  Cheers.

• Like (+1) 4

Enjoy, Dads ...  they’re off on their own all too soon!  You have no greater value, or currency, or gift, then time.  Give it to them.  You cannot, later on.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Update.... Father's Day will be OK.  Dragged the kayak to the lake in a steady rain and enough breeze to produce a nice chop.  And found some willing fish.  A couple meals worth..  Not bad for a soaking wet 90 minutes or so.

Came home soaked to the bone, shivering cold, and smiling.

Time for a Manhattan and a salute Dad's both here and passed.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Enjoy them when ever they are with you, watch em grow, young, adolescent, teenager, doesn't matter. Teach em to ride a bike, to fish, to drive, to live life while we're making our plans.

Hug em, hold em, love em.

Best thing that ever happened to me even though it's a shaught ton of work.    

Breakfast at our local dinner courtesy of my youngest high school'er and an afternoon movie John Wick 3 with my wife and youngest.  Happy indeed.

Best wishes to all on SS for your Dads that were,  for those that are, and those that wanna be. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Happy Father's Day to all of you out there!

And remember, don't be like my absentee father (later in life he hired me to help run his family business, but it didn't end nicely for either of us), and certainly don't be like me with my own kids... lots of regrets there.

Just keep trying.  That is by far the most important component.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

My father took my 2 year old daughter camping for the weekend, so that I could attempt to tear up my crumbling deck boards and replace them. 

I’ve had her 24/7 since she was 3 months old, so the break is an amazing gift for me. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 2

Wife and I went to Zoar Valley and did a little hiking. Next time I need to bring my Keen water sandals to walk the creek.

Then she took me to a local Mexican haunt and we enjoyed some grub on their outside patio.

Nice day overall. Gonna watch the first episode of the new season of NOS4A2 tonight. ??

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Wife and I went to Zoar Valley and did a little hiking. Next time I need to bring my Keen water sandals to walk the creek.

Then she took me to a local Mexican haunt and we enjoyed some grub on their outside patio.

Nice day overall. Gonna watch the first episode of the new season of NOS4A2 tonight. ??

How is the hike down into the gorge?  I've wanted to hike down there in the Winter and fish for steelhead.  I'm not exactly in good shape. I used to hike some pretty strenuous stuff 25 years and 60lbs ago. I'm wondering how strenuous (or challenging) the hike is.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

How is the hike down into the gorge?  I've wanted to hike down there in the Winter and fish for steelhead.  I'm not exactly in good shape. I used to hike some pretty strenuous stuff 25 years and 60lbs ago. I'm wondering how strenuous (or challenging) the hike is.

From the parking lot areas, it’s literally 70-100 yards to the waters edge of the creek. And not steep at all. Slopes slightly, but nothing extreme at all.

Even someone with a cane, could make it to the waters edge to fish. You’d be ok. 

6 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Even someone with a cane, could make it to the waters edge to fish. You’d be ok. 

?

I've seen youtube vids of some somewhat intimidating looking hikes down into the gorge.  I wonder if that is a different area.

Edited by Weave

1 hour ago, Weave said:

?

I've seen youtube vids of some somewhat intimidating looking hikes down into the gorge.  I wonder if that is a different area.

Yea, maybe it is. I’ve never previously been to Zoar valley. First time today. 
We parked at parking lots with the intention of hiking. And the waters edge was pretty close and easy to walk to. People were swimming near those spots too.

If there are special fishing holes and ways to get to them ... I wouldn’t know. 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

?

Valentine Flats is fairly accessible.  Much further upstream public accessibility becomes "hazardous".     

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.