L
L OT
W
L
W
L
W

40 - 33 - 9

Thanks for helping me plan out my next year so far in advance. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

W
L OT
W
L
L
W
W
L
W
L
L
L OT
W
W
L
W
L
W
W
W
L
W
W
L
L
W
L
W
L
W
L
L
W
L
W
W
L OT
W
W
L OT
L OT
W
L
L
W
L
W
L
L
W
L
L
W
L OT
W
L
W
W
W
L
W
L
W
L OT
W
L
L
W
L OT
L
W
W
L
W
L
L OT
W
L
W
L
W

40 - 33 - 9

I count 8 sets multiple wins in a row. Ambitious.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We get home and homes with every Western team 

A literal home and home though, like one game is @ San Jose, and the next game is vs San Jose

I don't think I've ever seen us do that with a western team, it's usually Toronto or Ottawa or Detroit or something 

Edited by Randall Flagg

6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Not a bad stretch to start off the season. If they are below 500 after the first 13 games of that schedule, I think it is safe to assume we are in for another crappy year....

They could be first in the league into November and it can still be a safe assumption we're in for a crappy year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/18/2019 at 10:59 AM, shrader said:

I've always liked the split squad format, at least at the very start of preseason.  While you have everyone in camp, get in two games either back to back or even in different locations to get everyone some action.  And from the finance side, you can sell a few extra tickets.  That window of availability closes quickly though, once you send guys back to juniors or when AHL camps start.

There could be scrimmages too, couldn't there?  I think that's where you'd see split squad "games."

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah, I guess so. And you better believe they wouldn’t pass on the opportunity to sell a few tickets for those. 

For the preseason, I don't know why there isn't more of this in the NHL.  The Sabres would have, say, 40 or so players to use, so splitting the squads to get everyone 4 games of preseason out of 6 before the last couple of games to determine final cuts and roster spots would be really useful.  For instance, every year, we could have parts of the Big Club play in Cincinnati, Rochester, and State College; other games could rotate between, say, Cleveland, Erie, Syracuse, Utica, Albany, Glens Falls, Binghamton, Traxler, erm, Wilkes-Barrie, Hershey, Allentown, and Hamilton.  Heck, when the options exist, make them full hockey days with the affiliates playing early and the pro teams playing later.

Last year: 16

2017-18: 19

2016-17: 15

2015-16: 19

2014-15: 19

2013-14: 13

So, lowest number of back-to-backs since Cody Hodgson led the team in scoring with 44 points, Nolan was fired in favour of Roulston, and Regier was fired in favor of Murray.

Hopefully it’s not a sign of things to come!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, repster said:

Last year: 16

2017-18: 19

2016-17: 15

2015-16: 19

2014-15: 19

2013-14: 13

So, lowest number of back-to-backs since Cody Hodgson led the team in scoring with 44 points, Nolan was fired in favour of Roulston, and Regier was fired in favor of Murray.

Hopefully it’s not a sign of things to come!

Better. Ted Black talked about this after 11-12 (I think; might have been after the shortened season of 12-13). He said it was the team's goal to have fewer back to backs, and that it could be achieved through arena availability and schedule flexibility (not necessarily ending up with marketing-friendly home dates). Not sure why that philosophy changed. 19 back to backs in three of the next four seasons was inexcusable. I'll blame the tank for 14-15 and, by default, Russ Brandon for the others.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.