2019-2020 Buffalo Sabres Schedule

Brawndo

30 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I’ve always thought there were too many preseason games. Three is fair.

But owners will never agree to less. Too much money to be made. Especially in robust hockey markets.

I've always liked the split squad format, at least at the very start of preseason.  While you have everyone in camp, get in two games either back to back or even in different locations to get everyone some action.  And from the finance side, you can sell a few extra tickets.  That window of availability closes quickly though, once you send guys back to juniors or when AHL camps start.

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Over/under on how many of these games will be broadcast in some matter? My jimmies always get so rustled that time of year, after the long off-season, starved for any hockey and they don't televise half the games. 

I know! At the very least put the GD Jumbotron feed on the team website.

That’s aggravated me for a decade now. The tech is there to do it. Minimal effort.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I wasn't being sarcastic. The Sabres opened their history in Pittsburgh.

Did not know that.  Ok that’s cool then.  Leafs 100 years it was all the talk.  Just seems like it’s a bit overshadowed is all.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.