Are the Sabres switching to Royal Blue for their Jerseys?

Brawndo

13 hours ago, Briere48 said:

I really like the concept jersey for the Sabres that's been posted. Gives me hope. Speaking of all-white, Michigan wore all-white vs. ND this past season in the outdoor game and i thought they looked very good. I think it'll be okay. (as long as we get royal blue when the current deal expires!)

0a29e98bba8519b753367d9c60a221c6.jpg

My son's HS hockey team is considering a model based on those Michigan uniforms.

I happen to like the white look.  It would need SOME blue in it however.

14 hours ago, Briere48 said:

I really like the concept jersey for the Sabres that's been posted. Gives me hope. Speaking of all-white, Michigan wore all-white vs. ND this past season in the outdoor game and i thought they looked very good. I think it'll be okay. (as long as we get royal blue when the current deal expires!)

0a29e98bba8519b753367d9c60a221c6.jpg

7 hours ago, carpandean said:

maple-leafs-white-jerseys.jpg

These are fugly.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Sabres, 1970: Let's make our jerseys like similar to but better than the Leafs jerseys!

Sabres, 2019: Let's hopefully make our jerseys likesimilar to but better than the Leafs jerseys without ####ing them up like with the slugs & the turdburger!

FTFY.

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:24 AM, SABRES 0311 said:

Could be worse.

002F900C-60D1-49CF-BBB2-7A23586DE6E9.png

I immensely disliked this change on so many levels. A complete departure from the original color scheme and logo was ridiculous and epitomized the crooked Rigas era, IMO. A complete betrayal and money grab. As much as the 'goat head' bothered me, I  would take it any day of the week and twice on Sunday over the complete abomination that was the 'slug'. Gimme back those original blue unis, please. The nameplates and shoulder logos, which were added later in the '70s, were nice additions and can/should remain, as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I immensely disliked this change on so many levels. A complete departure from the original color scheme and logo was ridiculous and epitomized the crooked Rigas era, IMO. A complete betrayal and money grab. As much as the 'goat head' bothered me, I  would take it any day of the week and twice on Sunday over the complete abomination that was the 'slug'. Gimme back those original blue unis, please. The nameplates and shoulder logos, which were added later in the '70s, were nice additions and can/should remain, as well. 

Right there with you! The shoulder logos were a great touch. Here's hoping!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd bet money we are getting some type of gold jersey... "Welcome to The Golden Season" 

A pretty safe bet considering there are several rumors out there that the 50th celebration uni will be white with gold as the primary accent.

Would expect much lower odds of them having a Nashville or 70's Kings style golden uni.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd bet money we are getting some type of gold jersey... "Welcome to The Golden Season" 

Every so often people like to suggest songs for the on ice intro.  To this day, there is no better fit than the sabre dance and this anniversary is the perfect time to use nothing but that.  Now I know that @SDS likes to chime in saying that kids today don't like the old stuff (and I agree), but I'd hope he'd look the other way on this one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Unpopular opinion.... Sabre Dance is one of the most boring pieces of music if played as written. It needs an entirely new arrangement to be used today. 

They've used different arrangements of it. It's hard to improve on the original, unless you get the Japanese kids to perform it on Taro Night.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.