Are the Sabres switching to Royal Blue for their Jerseys?

Brawndo

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This Chad guy is amazing. I love his consistency. Whenever something like this happens he's always late to the party with a "yuppppp i knew it but wasn't able to say it" or my wife had my phone.... or i was in a meeting..... LOL amazing.

Edited by Briere48

2 hours ago, Briere48 said:

This Chad guy is amazing. I love his consistency. Whenever something like this happens he's always late to the party with a "yuppppp i knew it but wasn't able to say it" or my wife had my phone.... or i was in a meeting..... LOL amazing.

Sure he’s late to the party at times. However on other news items he has been spot on, particularly the Trade Market for Kane and the return he brought. 

He isn’t some random guy who spews rumors from his basement, he has a Sabres Press Pass and his website is part of SB Nation. His articles are well thought out and are informative. 

The true test of his credibility comes in the next couple of seasons as he tweeted the royal blue uniforms will be making a comeback. We will see. 

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sure he’s late to the party at times. However on other news items he has been spot on, particularly the Trade Market for Kane and the return he brought. 

He isn’t some random guy who spews rumors from his basement, he has a Sabres Press Pass and his website is part of SB Nation. His articles are well thought out and are informative. 

The true test of his credibility comes in the next couple of seasons as he tweeted the royal blue uniforms will be making a comeback. We will see. 

What was he saying 1-2 years ago that he said first that turned out to be true? Besides stuff about Kane. Wouldn’t THAT be the true test of his credibility up to this point? Because it either came to pass or it didn’t. Not necessarily the future stuff? 

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What was he saying 1-2 years ago that he said first that turned out to be true? Besides stuff about Kane. Wouldn’t THAT be the true test of his credibility up to this point? Because it either came to pass or it didn’t. Not necessarily the future stuff? 

He’s not really a “breaking news” kinda guy, he’s more of a fancy-stats based hockey opinion kinda guy, with deep dive articles to match. I don’t always agree with him but he clearly knows his stuff.

For my part, if he’s wrong about the Royal I’d wager it’s because he was fed incorrect/outdated information, ie a mistaken source, rather than him pulling something out of thin air. 

Edited by Thorny

10 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Very poorly worded on my part.  

About a month ago he mentioned that the Skinner negotiations were going better than anticipated, when the national guys had nothing. This could have been a wild guess on his part or he knew something. 

He doesn’t seem like the type that would make crap up to generate clicks. 

Anyway he mentioned that McCabe’s Name has been involved in trade talks this week. Let’s see if that goes anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2019 at 7:34 AM, TrueBlueGED said:

Maybe as an alternate, but I know there's something about only being able to change the primary jersey every 3 years and we changed it when the league switched manufacturers. Maybe an exception can be granted, but I'm not expecting a change to the primary this year.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:45 AM, TrueBlueGED said:

It's the NHL, I'm not comfortable assuming any kind of sound logic. 

With the NHL, it's always money.  Always.  The NHL probably puts out an RFP for jersey manufacturers (previously CCM, then Reebok (who bought CCM), now Adidas) for the official apparel licensing.  In order to reduce manufacturing costs, the companies probably say they'll provide consultants to the help teams design "what looks good" but the consultants also probably guide design features towards those that are the most economical/profitable to manufacture (in addition to what's feasible).  That ability to drive designs towards profitability lets the companies decrease their costs and/or increase revenue to the league.  They also probably limit jersey changes to ensure that tooling costs are cheaper and less apparel becomes obsolete and needs to be taken off the shelves.

On 6/16/2019 at 11:28 PM, Brawndo said:

No doubt about his articles. I enjoy them too.

I really like the concept jersey for the Sabres that's been posted. Gives me hope. Speaking of all-white, Michigan wore all-white vs. ND this past season in the outdoor game and i thought they looked very good. I think it'll be okay. (as long as we get royal blue when the current deal expires!)

0a29e98bba8519b753367d9c60a221c6.jpg

I don't actually mind the all white jerseys, and ya know, the Sabres play like wimps, so we won't have to worry about getting blood or stains on them. 

But idk about wearing white after labor day, after the Sabres have already been eliminated ???

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.