Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Derrico said:

How have Tage and Asplund looked?

I thought TT looked good Friday. He had a goal, a cross bar or post, and in OT one leaked through the goalie but didn't cross the line.  He's leading the team in goals & points.  I'm a little surprised they went with Lazar this week tbh, maybe a role thing.

Who is Asplund?  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Who is Asplund?  

He’s the guy that had a shot at the empty net blocked last night with 20 seconds left in a one goal game, sending the puck back into our zone where it almost ends up in the net with seconds left. Why didn’t he just skate in their zone with it a few more seconds to secure the win? We were all asking that question last night.....”think, boy! Think!”

*sighs* We all thought we were having a flashback to Friday night.  Tage was the one who came up with the puck to dish it to Asplund in the first place so I guess he wasn’t thinking very far ahead either.

• Like (+1) 1

Just to add a little perspective, 

Tage is scoring at a pace of .9 points/game at 22 in his third pro season. Lots of one man plays and toe drags.

Big ‘ole Brett Murray is at .8 points/game at 21 his first pro season. Lots of body on the man and pass plays.

Just sayin?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Getpucksdeep said:

I thought TT looked good Friday. He had a goal, a cross bar or post, and in OT one leaked through the goalie but didn't cross the line.  He's leading the team in goals & points.  I'm a little surprised they went with Lazar this week tbh, maybe a role thing.

Who is Asplund?  

It depends on the role they want filled with the callup.  They're only going to go with Thompson if they want someone in a top 6 slot.

• Like (+1) 1

I never paid attention to Murray before he signed the contract but the kid has potential IMO. 6’5(same as Tage) and weighs 227(27 lbs more than Tage). He had 41 goals, 35 assists, 76 points in 62 gp in the USHL last year. The training staff has raved about his commitment to conditioning. It shows. The kid dominates physically, skates well and has decent hands. I’ve enjoyed watching him play.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

He’s the guy that had a shot at the empty net blocked last night with 20 seconds left in a one goal game, sending the puck back into our zone where it almost ends up in the net with seconds left. Why didn’t he just skate in their zone with it a few more seconds to secure the win? We were all asking that question last night.....”think, boy! Think!”

*sighs* We all thought we were having a flashback to Friday night.  Tage was the one who came up with the puck to dish it to Asplund in the first place so I guess he wasn’t thinking very far ahead either.

I was watching that play wondering who would make such a profoundly stupid short sighted play.  Now I know.  Eeesh. 

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

I was watching that play wondering who would make such a profoundly stupid short sighted play.  Now I know.  Eeesh. 

It can be tough being an Amerks fan. Not just the on ice stuff either. There’s a lot offfffffff....different.....people that hang out there. And those dudes that taunt the goalie after every goal are starting to get on my nerves. The other team hears it and it pisses them off and they start playing harder. Dudes, shut the F up and stop giving the other team a reason to try! This one guy came from the upper deck to chew them out one night. I laughed hard. Oh well. The anger part is on me. Free country and all.

53 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I never paid attention to Murray before he signed the contract but the kid has potential IMO. 6’5(same as Tage) and weighs 227(27 lbs more than Tage). He had 41 goals, 35 assists, 76 points in 62 gp in the USHL last year. The training staff has raved about his commitment to conditioning. It shows. The kid dominates physically, skates well and has decent hands. I’ve enjoyed watching him play.

Is he on a Sabres contract or Amerks contract?

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

It can be tough being an Amerks fan. Not just the on ice stuff either. There’s a lot offfffffff....different.....people that hang out there. And those dudes that taunt the goalie after every goal are starting to get on my nerves. The other team hears it and it pisses them off and they start playing harder. Dudes, shut the F up and stop giving the other team a reason to try! This one guy came from the upper deck to chew them out one night. I laughed hard. Oh well. The anger part is on me. Free country and all.

days GIF

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Is he on a Sabres contract or Amerks contract?

AHL-only contract.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Weave said:

But did he sign it with the Sabres or Amerks? Is he one of the 53 allowed Sabres contracts?

They're the same organization at this point.  Anyone signed by Rochester is done under Buffalo guidance.  But if we want to get technical, the Sabres themselves can't sign anyone to an AHL-only contract.  Those deals do not count against the 50 man limit either.  But what I'm guessing you're really getting to is whether or not the Sabres hold his rights.  Typically the NHL team does not hold the rights to a guy on an AHL-only deal.  But with Murray it looks like this is a special case since we did draft him back in 2016.  So the Sabres hold his rights until June 1 2020.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ogre said:

We were talking about this last night at the game. When the hell is that going to happen?

4 hours ago, shrader said:

Is there any news on this?  With my luck, I'll click back on the main board and see a thread about it, but I haven't seen any stories yet.

Soon, there was an article on AHL.com in which the headline was he should be returning to Amerks in short order. Of course I cannot find the article now. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, shrader said:

They're the same organization at this point.  Anyone signed by Rochester is done under Buffalo guidance.  But if we want to get technical, the Sabres themselves can't sign anyone to an AHL-only contract.  Those deals do not count against the 50 man limit either.  But what I'm guessing you're really getting to is whether or not the Sabres hold his rights.  Typically the NHL team does not hold the rights to a guy on an AHL-only deal.  But with Murray it looks like this is a special case since we did draft him back in 2016.  So the Sabres hold his rights until June 1 2020.

That was the gist of my question.  Thx

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Capfriendly is pretty good at keeping up with the number of NHL contracts we have against that 50 limit

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sabres

Now we just need someone to build site with a list of drafted players rights and when the teams lose control.  That would be incredibly useful.  I'm too lazy to look up year, age, and when the college guys started school.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

Exactly. This is probably his big year to secure an NHL ELC. 

I hope he gets it. 

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He who? I'm unsure who we're hoping for.

20 hours ago, Ogre said:

• Thanks (+1) 1

The one thing I will offer on Murray is that during the prospect game, his lack of agility in his skating hurt him. He couldn't cut and react as quickly as others. If he can work on that, he could be a 3rd or 4th line guy but that's a long hill to climb.