Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

5 hours ago, shrader said:

How is the coaching situation working out so far?  That has to be a tough one for the team, not having a true head coach.

The players really like Taylor. It shows. Do they like Dineen as much? He did fine with Marlies. He really wasn’t working with anymore over there except goaltending. I wonder how much 6K’s surgery affected their decision this year? Seems like they could have signed Wedgewood for another year. He wasn’t great but he was a lot better at this point than Hammond is. We need to win more games or we won’t need to worry about getting swept in the first round again.

Amerks win 5-1, propelled by a 3 goal second period. CJ Smith had a 2 pt game.  Brett Murray scored his first professional goal on strong power forward move to the net. Johansson looked as good as I've seen him as an Amerks.  Stopped over a dozen point blank shots.  

Just now, inkman said:

Amerks win 5-1, propelled by a 3 goal second period. CJ Smith had a 2 pt game.  Brett Murray scored his first professional goal on strong power forward move to the net. Johansson looked as good as I've seen him as an Amerks.  Stopped over a dozen point blank shots.  

Johansson really did look good. Loved Lazar’s game and Murray was great. More please.

6 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

This Amerks team has been a real disappointment overall. Probably the worst special teams in the league. Lost 4-3 tonight. Gave up 3 PP goals and 1 SH goal. 

They have a pretty talented squad.  I'm wondering what the real issue is. 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

They have a pretty talented squad.  I'm wondering what the real issue is. 

I don’t think they’re overly talented at all. At least not any more so than most AHL teams. I’d say they’re about league average talent wise, and their goalies have been pretty bad overall. I mean, they have 2 regulation wins in 10 games and 2 other wins came from last second goals with the goalie pulled. It hasn’t been pretty. 

Asplund has been a major disappointment offensively. They are counting on him to be a top 6 center (mistake) and he’s really not producing. Tage started off great and has tailed off. Dea, aside from the game in Syracuse, has been mostly quiet. Lazar is ok, but doesn’t provide enough offense. And Hammond has been a dumpster fire. 

I think Sexton really made a mistake with the roster. They really lack a true 1C, and a top scoring winger.  

Edited by Amerks8796