Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Hank said:

I've never heard of a garbage plate, what is it?

College drink food.  Think of everything you’d order at a burger joint and pile it up on one messy plate and top it off with a meat hot sauce.

Burgers or dogs, mac salad, fries, etc all in a pile on a plate.

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

College drink food.  Think of everything you’d order at a burger joint and pile it up on one messy plate and top it off with a meat hot sauce.

Burgers or dogs, mac salad, fries, etc all in a pile on a plate.

Thanks. 

31 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Wasn’t there a game tonight?

nobody was there?

I watched.  UPL had a great game until he gave up the game winner in OT, it was not a particularly good goal.  JS Dea with a two point game.  

Edited by inkman

Amerks blow a lead twice but win in OT last night vs the Phantoms. Our old pal Cal was on the ice in orange as was Crisco. They acknowledged him and welcomed him to the building. Cal received no mention or welcome. Chris Stewart is also on their roster although he was a scratch. Lastly, Gostisbeher was at the BCA on his conditioning stint. Didn’t play a lot but you can really see the difference in play from a guy at his level. So confident and strong with his decisions. We play the bottom of the division dwelling(51 pts)Monsters tonight. Belleville, the team we’re trying to retake the division lead from,  plays the impotent Moose(48pts). Manitoba is the only team with a zero in their OTL and SOL bracket. This feels like an Amerks/Belleville matchup. Can not lose to the Monsters! Need every point we can get if we want home ice round 1.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Amerks blow a lead twice but win in OT last night vs the Phantoms. Our old pal Cal was on the ice in orange as was Crisco. They acknowledged him and welcomed him to the building. Cal received no mention or welcome. Chris Stewart is also on their roster although he was a scratch. Lastly, Gostisbeher was at the BCA on his conditioning stint. Didn’t play a lot but you can really see the difference in play from a guy at his level. So confident and strong with his decisions. We play the bottom of the division dwelling(51 pts)Monsters tonight. Belleville, the team we’re trying to retake the division lead from,  plays the impotent Moose(48pts). Manitoba is the only team with a zero in their OTL and SOL bracket. This feels like an Amerks/Belleville matchup. Can not lose to the Monsters! Need every point we can get if we want home ice round 1.

Thanks for the recap.  I was beering with my bud and couldn't provide any analysis other than level of inebriation. It was high, BTW.  Fun game.  Wanted a fight but I'll settle for the win.  

They should move Mitts, he's squarely in Nylander uh...land.  

20 minutes ago, inkman said:

They should move Mitts, he's squarely in Nylander uh...land.  

He actually had the best game that I’ve seen him play. He kept the puck moving and didn’t try to do too much, well, nothing foolish at least. I’d give him another full year in the A and see what it looks like then. 

Separate note: Dalton Smith looked friggin good last night. Lots of good work with the puck like he might be developing some hands to some degree. I wonder how much of that comes from the confidence boost of a NHL contract? 

11 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Seriously ***** display of goaltending by UPL. He only faced 13 and the pipe saved his ass multiple times...that’s our next great hope in net? 

All goalies/players have bad games. Tonight wasn’t UPL’s night. Let’s see how he responds. I’m way more interested in how he fights thru it and looks next game(s). 

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

All goalies/players have bad games. Tonight wasn’t UPL’s night. Let’s see how he responds. I’m way more interested in how he fights thru it and looks next game(s). 

He has sucked since he’s been in Rochester. He’ll suck next game he plays too. He needs to go back to Cincinnati. He is years and years away from being ready.

19 minutes ago, Ogre said:

He has sucked since he’s been in Rochester. He’ll suck next game he plays too. He needs to go back to Cincinnati. He is years and years away from being ready.

He is a 20 year old with 10 AHL games under his belt.  It sucks that he wasn’t good tonight, but............patience maybe???

29 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Ok I get your frustration.

Ready or not, I bet he’s at least the backup in Roch. next season. Hopefully he works on his game and takes the next step over the next 6 months. 

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

patience maybe???

I have years and years of patience to wait until he’s ready. He currently is not even close. He seems to be getting worse. Why let the kid flop in the pros? Because Jbot is the worst evaluator of talent we’ve had in eons. Especially with goaltenders. No way this kid should be anywhere near the pros. I haven’t been this angry over a loss in a long time. 34 sog for the Amerks and this kid just took a dump in the crease. 

And I realize Linus’ first year wasn’t stellar but he never had a night with 10 saves total. 

11 hours ago, Curt said:

That’s nice.  What’s your point?

JC man...let’s look at numbers...First we’ll look at Carter Hart playing at 21 in the N then we’ll look at UPL at 20 in the A...look closely at his last two games....abysmal! 

D07A965D-F520-40B7-A2A4-328EFD103FF6.png

4A1140CF-8F3F-4046-9CD5-DE0CE8092C30.png

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

JC man...let’s look at numbers...First we’ll look at Carter Hart playing at 21 in the N then we’ll look at UPL at 20 in the A...look closely at his last two games....abysmal! 

D07A965D-F520-40B7-A2A4-328EFD103FF6.png

4A1140CF-8F3F-4046-9CD5-DE0CE8092C30.png

But what’s the point?

Carter Hart is really good?  Yeah, we know.

Carter Hart is better that UPL?  Again, yeah, we know.

Does that change anything for how UPL should be handled?  No, it does not.

All I said was that UPL is only 20 and has only 10 AHL games, be patient.  The response I got was “Carter Hart is only 21”.  What am I supposed to do with that?  What does that even mean?  What’s the point I’m supposed to take away from that?

Edited by Curt

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

What’s the point I’m supposed to take away from that?

That UPL is in waaaaay over his head in the pros. He is going backwards. How is that helpful to anyone involved? Just look those numbers. He’s only had 2 games that were serviceable. The rest are terrible.....10 saves on 13 shots last night, 15 saves on 18 shots the previous game and 15 saves on 18 shots two games prior to that one...How long am I supposed to be patient when I’m spending hard earned money and driving 40 minutes one way to watch these games?