Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

That first goal was a trio of whiffs that ended up behind DiPietro. I’ll take it though. Mitts having some struggles late n the period....

Kid’s night...there’s a lot of friggin kids here. 

I’m not sure wtf I’m watching on the ice in the first intermission ?

On 2/8/2020 at 9:46 PM, Ogre said:

FTR I immensely enjoyed Amerks games up until Pegula took over operation of the arena. There is no finer thing in life than live hockey. No play by play. No jibber jabbing with anyone. I get there early and get some dinner and a beer and watch warmups. I sit front row upper deck simply for the joy of some pretty diverse and enlightening people watching. The game gets going and I’m sitting there with a cold beer and the player notes and focus.

The food wasn’t five star but the variety was wide and the options inclusive. The intermissions were predictable yet fun. The past two years haven’t been fun. The music is so friggin loud before the game that I have to shout to talk to my wife in the seat next to me. Instead of hanging out and having fun, our conversation dies out and we just sit there like strangers until the game starts and they turn the ***** thing down. Who the ***** is making these idiotic choices? Have they ever lived like a regular not rich human being. Maybe you’re right. Maybe Terry is sneaking them to Buffalo. Stupid decision. Dilute your market with cheaper commodity. Buffalo ain’t Montreal, Terry! And I’m just a dumb ***** ironworker?

.........also they lost 4-0 to Toronto today......??

The volume is borderline unsafe.  It ruins the entire experience. I don't understand what they are trying to do. Manufacture some sort of environment?  It's not working.  

54 minutes ago, inkman said:

The volume is borderline unsafe.  It ruins the entire experience. I don't understand what they are trying to do. Manufacture some sort of environment?  It's not working.  

What did you say? My ***** ears are bleeding.... it seems that they did turn the volume down from earlier this year, or my hearing is irreparably damaged.

The win was nice.

Edited by Ogre

On 2/8/2020 at 9:46 PM, Ogre said:

FTR I immensely enjoyed Amerks games up until Pegula took over operation of the arena. There is no finer thing in life than live hockey. No play by play. No jibber jabbing with anyone. I get there early and get some dinner and a beer and watch warmups. I sit front row upper deck simply for the joy of some pretty diverse and enlightening people watching. The game gets going and I’m sitting there with a cold beer and the player notes and focus.

The food wasn’t five star but the variety was wide and the options inclusive. The intermissions were predictable yet fun. The past two years haven’t been fun. The music is so friggin loud before the game that I have to shout to talk to my wife in the seat next to me. Instead of hanging out and having fun, our conversation dies out and we just sit there like strangers until the game starts and they turn the ***** thing down. Who the ***** is making these idiotic choices? Have they ever lived like a regular not rich human being. Maybe you’re right. Maybe Terry is sneaking them to Buffalo. Stupid decision. Dilute your market with cheaper commodity. Buffalo ain’t Montreal, Terry! And I’m just a dumb ***** ironworker?

.........also they lost 4-0 to Toronto today......??

I’ve always enjoyed going to Amerks games, aside from the years they were under the Panthers. Yes, the arena isn’t as packed as it was during the 80’s and 90’s, and they could definitely do much better, but I still enjoy it. 

For one, I feel like the ticket prices are too high for this area. $48-$66 for a family of 3 on a random Wednesday night, before adding in food and drinks? That’s a little unreasonable for minor league hockey (and unfortunately those prices are on par with other AHL teams). Then there is the food. The selection is extremely limited, particularly in comparison to Red Wings games. Of course the food is also not very good, but I’ve come to not expect too much when it comes to food quality between Sabres and Amerks games. Again, the Red Wings actually have quality options. I will say that I do enjoy the $5 Puck Plate - it’s much better than I expected, and a good deal. Beer prices are a little too much though. 

The Amerks could really benefit from having better promotions and deals to get people into the seats, and better intermission activities than having 3 hot dogs run around the ice. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’ve always enjoyed going to Amerks games, aside from the years they were under the Panthers. Yes, the arena isn’t as packed as it was during the 80’s and 90’s, and they could definitely do much better, but I still enjoy it. 

For one, I feel like the ticket prices are too high for this area. $48-$66 for a family of 3 on a random Wednesday night, before adding in food and drinks? That’s a little unreasonable for minor league hockey (and unfortunately those prices are on par with other AHL teams). Then there is the food. The selection is extremely limited, particularly in comparison to Red Wings games. Of course the food is also not very good, but I’ve come to not expect too much when it comes to food quality between Sabres and Amerks games. Again, the Red Wings actually have quality options. I will say that I do enjoy the $5 Puck Plate - it’s much better than I expected, and a good deal. Beer prices are a little too much though. 

The Amerks could really benefit from having better promotions and deals to get people into the seats, and better intermission activities than having 3 hot dogs run around the ice. 

Yep. All they have to do is follow the Red Wings promo style. They have literally laid the blue print. They knock it out of the park. Meanwhile I'm going dead at Amerks games. 

Oh and what's the white stuff I see on top of the plates?  Tell me that's not Mayo. I will barf all over my self is fatasses are putting mayo on their plates. 

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yep. All they have to do is follow the Red Wings promo style. They have literally laid the blue print. They knock it out of the park. Meanwhile I'm going dead at Amerks games. 

Oh and what's the white stuff I see on top of the plates?  Tell me that's not Mayo. I will barf all over my self is fatasses are putting mayo on their plates. 

Onions maybe? 

I don’t get onions on my g-plates...

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Onions maybe? 

I don’t get onions on my g-plates...

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Definitely onions. The plates are good. Waffle fries are the way to go in a garbage plate. You can load them up like nacho. Easier to do with the 585 on Wednesdays. Oh well. If a man could only live on g-plates alone....

It was a condiment like ketchup.  

So, in Buffalo, we just say wings, not Buffalo wings.

In Philly, they just say cheesesteak, not Philly cheesesteak.

Honest question, if you are from Rochester, do you just say plate or plates and everyone knows you mean garbage plate or garbage plates?

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Honest question, if you are from Rochester, do you just say plate or plates and everyone knows you mean garbage plate or garbage plates?

Depends. If it's somewhere that has plates we'll say get a plate, otherwise I've heard garbage plate just as much

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Technically the only "garbage plate" is at Nick Tahou's.  It's trademarked or whatever.  So, you get a lot of variations on the name around town but the most common I see on menus is simply to refer to it as a plate, for the name of the restaurant and plate.

But I think that in Rochester if you were to say, "Let's get a plate." most people will know what you mean.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, LTS said:

Technically the only "garbage plate" is at Nick Tahou's.  It's trademarked or whatever.  So, you get a lot of variations on the name around town but the most common I see on menus is simply to refer to it as a plate, for the name of the restaurant and plate.

But I think that in Rochester if you were to say, "Let's get a plate." most people will know what you mean.

When the Red Wings do Plate Night, they are the Rochester Plates, not the Rochester Garbage Plates. 

I think that says enough. 

• Like (+1) 2