Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What was the Sabres record with Taylor as the assistant?

Also how many years in a row have the Amerks been a playoff team since Jbot/Sexton took over?

I don't know. I'm just curious that Taylor leaves and well... here we are. I think that oversimplifies things but maybe he deserves a promotion to nhl assistant. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't know. I'm just curious that Taylor leaves and well... here we are. I think that oversimplifies things but maybe he deserves a promotion to nhl assistant. 

It's also probably oversimplifying, but Carter Hutton is on a 15-game stretch where he has won just once.

Nine of those games his save percentage was .875 or less. Those are nine games we had no hope of winning.

Get good enough goaltending to win in just four of those and we are in the race. Six of them and we are in the playoffs.

Or put it this way: If Linus Ullmark was in net for the full season and able to maintain his very average NHL stats, we would be a 90-point team.

Maybe it's not oversimplifying.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's interesting and worth discussing. Not just Tails but the Amerks success. They aren't some top propect or AHL all-star laden roster.  It's Eric Cornel, Will Borgen, and a bunch of plugs. They have talent like CJ Smith, Tyler Leier, JS Dea and Zach Redmond. But those guys aren't lugging the mail. It's everyone chipping in playing stifling team defense and offense. 

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

It's also probably oversimplifying, but Carter Hutton is on a 15-game stretch where he has won just once.

Nine of those games his save percentage was .875 or less. Those are nine games we had no hope of winning.

Get good enough goaltending to win in just four of those and we are in the race. Six of them and we are in the playoffs.

Or put it this way: If Linus Ullmark was in net for the full season and able to maintain his very average NHL stats, we would be a 90-point team.

Maybe it's not oversimplifying.

Or maybe this ?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, inkman said:

It's interesting and worth discussing. Not just Tails but the Amerks success. They aren't some top propect or AHL all-star laden roster.  It's Eric Cornel, Will Borgen, and a bunch of plugs. They have talent like CJ Smith, Tyler Leier, JS Dea and Zach Redmond. But those guys aren't lugging the mail. It's everyone chipping in playing stifling team defense and offense. 

Or maybe this ?

Taylor creates a winning culture and no one takes a shift off.  As to Hutton, I posted something similar a week or so ago.  Had we just received mediocre goaltending from him we'd be a playoff contender without a real 2C and with many of our wingers having off seasons because of out bad center play.  This is one of the reasons I have been arguing that we aren't as far off as many here seems to think.

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Taylor creates a winning culture and no one takes a shift off.  As to Hutton, I posted something similar a week or so ago.  Had we just received mediocre goaltending from him we'd be a playoff contender without a real 2C and with many of our wingers having off seasons because of out bad center play.  This is one of the reasons I have been arguing that we aren't as far off as many here seems to think.

So, you're saying that an 88 point season would've been a realistic expectation with average or better goaltending from both goalies rather than just the guy heading into the season as the presumptive backup?  And, that pairing that with a legit 2C, that playoffs were not out of the question?  

?

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

So, you're saying that an 88 point season would've been a realistic expectation with average or better goaltending from both goalies rather than just the guy heading into the season as the presumptive backup?  And, that pairing that with a legit 2C, that playoffs were not out of the question?  

?

And the goaltending part really wasn't all that crazy of an expectation from this group.  Hutton was never going to be anything special, but his drop-off this year has been crazy.  I don't think even the most pessimistic would have called this one.  And this all happens at the same time that they add on a goalie coach that people were hyping as a savior (a bit hyperbolic, I admit).

• Like (+1) 1

So today is early renewal deadline for season tickets. Way earlier than ever before. They also have changed the payment options to pay in full now or a twelve month payment plan. They aren’t even offering to let you make a deposit and wait until after the season ends to commit fully. Who would want to evaluate a large purchase like that before they make it? Sure they’re offering “free gifts”....a few vouchers per seat and free first and second round playoff tickets. Sorry folks. You fooled me with that deal the last two years. The first year they didn’t even play a game at home in e playoffs and last year they had one and lost. I’m promised they’ll go deep this year and they haven’t even made the ***** playoffs yet!!! 
 I declined to renew right now and inquired what date I would have to renew by to keep the seat I’ve had all these years. April ***** 10th!!! I have to renew/pay in full by April ***** 10th or they’re going to sell the seat I’ve had all these years to someone else! HA!  GOOD ***** LUCK, TERRY!  You can’t even GIVE tickets away to these games!! The ticket rep came right out and said that Terry views this team as developmental only. Dude, don’t tell the diehard Amerk fans that! YOU’RE NOT SELLING SEASON SEATS TO SABRES FANS FROM BUFFALO YOU ***** IDIOTS. I’m not renewing if that’s the mentality. Good ***** luck you dopes.

Edited by Ogre
  • Sad 1