Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Ogre said:

Jim Kelly is at the BCA signing autographs tonight. Crazy long line.

I was there with some buds. I mentioned I wouldn't wait in a line that long for sex. Then my buddy mentioned Scarlett, and I replied as long as I wasn't getting sloppy 200ths.  

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

I was there with some buds. I mentioned I wouldn't wait in a line that long for sex. Then my buddy mentioned Scarlett, and I replied as long as I wasn't getting sloppy 200ths.  

199th, your up!  Suprised you could get at it with all the extra curricular activity you’ve been boning up on in the absence of hockey.?

Mitts looked good didn’t he? Stayed with the system and it paid off for him. Two nice defensive plays because he was in the right spot. The second one brought the puck down for a goal on the second attempt. If I see another game or two like this then I’ll start to have faith in him again.

• Like (+1) 1

Borgen definitely goes ape sh!t sometimes. After that hit on Fitzgerald he just close lined that mofo. Bam!. Then Dalton smashes his head in. Very bizarre calls too. 5 min major for interference and 10 min misconduct for continuing an altercation. Dalton with two for roughing and 10 min misconduct for continuing an altercation. Borgen got two for roughing and somehow there was 2 mins on the board for us and 5 mins on the board for them. Doesn’t add up. 

11 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Borgen definitely goes ape sh!t sometimes. After that hit on Fitzgerald he just close lined that mofo. Bam!. Then Dalton smashes his head in. Very bizarre calls too. 5 min major for interference and 10 min misconduct for continuing an altercation. Dalton with two for roughing and 10 min misconduct for continuing an altercation. Borgen got two for roughing and somehow there was 2 mins on the board for us and 5 mins on the board for them. Doesn’t add up. 

I can't bother to worry about hockey officiating.  It's like herding cats. Just not worth your time. 

12 minutes ago, Ogre said:

22 minutes ago, Ogre said:

199th, your up!  Suprised you could get at it with all the extra curricular activity you’ve been boning up on in the absence of hockey.?

Mitts looked good didn’t he? Stayed with the system and it paid off for him. Two nice defensive plays because he was in the right spot. The second one brought the puck down for a goal on the second attempt. If I see another game or two like this then I’ll start to have faith in him again.

I was drinking and socializing but I did notice Casey's absolute dominant back check you referenced. Maybe he's turning a corner. I also once thought Alex Nylander was turning a corner as well. So we'll see. 

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I was drinking and socializing but I did notice Casey's absolute dominant back check you referenced. Maybe he's turning a corner. I also once thought Alex Nylander was turning a corner as well. So we'll see. 

I don’t want to be over generous to the kid. They were good defensive plays that he should be making. The better part of his game tonight was not trying to do too much and end up doing stupid *****. He’s actually a pretty big kid and can throw his body around if attempts it. Those goons in the A have a way of making you aware that style of play exists and can be effective. If he sticks to the little things and stops trying to be the hero I think he’ll be ok.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ogre said:

In case anyone is wondering what were talking about. 

The term, “Put a nail in my coffin,” to describe performing some self-destructive act first appeared in print in 1789 in Peter Pindar’s Ode no. 15 as “Care to our coffin adds a nail.”

This was repeated through the years and coffin nails as slang for cigarettes appeared in the 1880s, 20 years before they were called “weeds,” and 40 years before they were called “butts.” In the early 20th century, the Anti-Cigarette League announced that every cigarette smoked was a nail in one’s coffin. However, the first use of the phrase may have come from Australia when it was recorded in 1910, but O. Henry wrote “Have you a coffin nail?” in his “The Higher Abdication,” 1907.

• Like (+1) 1

Casey with another Mittelstadt special.  Passes the puck back to Asplund near the blue line who was no in position to receive the pass nor was the pass put in a place where he could handle it effectively.  Crunch break out on a two on one, some good back checking by Asplund and Hammond's left pad saved Casey's bacon.  

Edited by inkman

Rasmus Asplund misses an open net opportunity from about 20 feet away with 3:30 left.  Amerks take 2 penalties in the next 40 seconds.  Crunch score on the 5 on 3.  Amerks kill a 6 on 4 (EN) to seal it.  A lot of guys came up huge in that last minute.  

• Like (+1) 3