Jump to content
Brawndo

Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Recommended Posts

The section that does the “goalie goalie, you suck and it’s all your fault chant” started up after the first goal last night. Immediately afterwards the large group of youth hockey players started screaming “you suck and it’s your fault!”  I think the chanting dudes felt bad they got these little kids doing it so they switched over to the “one, two we want three chant at the second goal. I appreciated, as did the parents I’m sure, that they censored themselves for the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ogre said:

The section that does the “goalie goalie, you suck and it’s all your fault chant” started up after the first goal last night. Immediately afterwards the large group of youth hockey players started screaming “you suck and it’s your fault!”  I think the chanting dudes felt bad they got these little kids doing it so they switched over to the “one, two we want three chant at the second goal. I appreciated, as did the parents I’m sure, that they censored themselves for the night.

Instant karma is gonna get you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amerks up 1-0 under two minutes into game.  Porter from Pilut & Borgen.  

Noted NHL superstar John Gilmour is in the lineup.  

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyler Randall scores to tie it up at 2.  Assist to Sean Malone.  

 

Next shift Randall almost comes to blows after he laid a clean open ice hit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, inkman said:

Eric Cornel

There’s a name I haven’t heard in awhile and looking like another bust in a long line of busts.  How’s he looked this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Derrico said:

There’s a name I haven’t heard in awhile and looking like another bust in a long line of busts.  How’s he looked this year? 

Like a below average AHL player.  To his credit, he's found a role as a 3rd/4th line AHL player.  

Edited by inkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

There’s a name I haven’t heard in awhile and looking like another bust in a long line of busts.  How’s he looked this year? 

Like a guy that belongs in the A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m curious how Taylor is running the pk and pp compared to Dineen. I did notice that Taylor had a different starting line from the one Dineen has had the last three games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’m curious how Taylor is running the pk and pp compared to Dineen. I did notice that Taylor had a different starting line from the one Dineen has had the last three games.

They said Taylor was coming back but would't be behind the bench until next week.  I'll keep an eye out for the bench.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amerks win 4-2.  Johansson has been looking good the last few starts if anyone cares.  

51 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Yep, as expected.  Thanks guys. 

Hey, he got 1st star of the game tonight.  

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Jack and Risto could clear waivers and get to experience playing for a winning team? 

Maybe time to watch AHL and give up on Sabres for the year.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Wonder if Jack and Risto could clear waivers and get to experience playing for a winning team? 

Maybe time to watch AHL and give up on Sabres for the year.

$60 is all it takes 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amerks fans are livid that Dea and Lazar were healthy scratches while the Amerks are icing two D on their 4th line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, inkman said:

Amerks fans are livid that Dea and Lazar were healthy scratches while the Amerks are icing two D on their 4th line.  

For good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amerks up 3-2 in the third, Andrew Ogelvie with the hattie.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

<yawn>

Why would you even post this?  To show that you are an arrogant jerk with no ability to empathize with a fanbase that is just asking for the basic fundamentals of a farm franchise. 

The Amerks are down double digit forwards and are playing an entire 4th line of defenseman while two capable healthy forwards sit in the press box an hour (or two tonight) down the Thruway. 

I tend not to get caught up in as this is the life of a minor league fanbase but to unabashedly drop in with this moronic yawn comment is just being a *****.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, inkman said:

Why would you even post this?  To show that you are an arrogant jerk with no ability to empathize with a fanbase that is just asking for the basic fundamentals of a farm franchise. 

The Amerks are down double digit forwards and are playing an entire 4th line of defenseman while two capable healthy forwards sit in the press box an hour (or two tonight) down the Thruway. 

I tend not to get caught up in as this is the life of a minor league fanbase but to unabashedly drop in with this moronic yawn comment is just being a *****.  

Well said. You got to it before me. Who could possibly agree with sitting two AHL players in the NHL while the Amerks are playing 2 D at forward, unless you’re an arrogant ass? 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Well said. You got to it before me. Who could possibly agree with sitting two AHL players in the NHL while the Amerks are playing 2 D at forward, unless you’re an arrogant ass? 

It's also interesting that a team bereft of forward talent is playing so well.  I think we knew a lineup of 80% pluggers would work hard and not give up much but you gotta figure the teams with real NHL talent buried in the minors would start to take it's toll on our group of muckers.  

It's nice to see Murray and Ogelvie taking advantage of ice time they would not get bestowed upon them if not for the fact that Brady Vail and Tyler Randall are the options.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amerks8796 said:

Well said. You got to it before me. Who could possibly agree with sitting two AHL players in the NHL while the Amerks are playing 2 D at forward, unless you’re an arrogant ass? 

As I ponder it, the only thing I can think of is a waiver situation.  I am sure Lazar has to clear, I don't know about Dea.  Could it be that they don't want to send them back down and risk losing them until they have their forward depth back?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LTS said:

As I ponder it, the only thing I can think of is a waiver situation.  I am sure Lazar has to clear, I don't know about Dea.  Could it be that they don't want to send them back down and risk losing them until they have their forward depth back?

 

Had Lazar been a scratch for the Sabres more than 3 times before last night?  If he hadn't he didn't need to clear waivers to go down.

Dea hasn't been back up for anywhere near 10 games, so he doesn't have to re-clear waivers yet.

With Rodrigues injured, they definitely were going to keep at least 1 of Dea or Lazar up to have a spare skater.  Wonder if they had any concern whether Johansson or Sheary (or other) would be able to go?  If anyone did miss due to a setback, then only having 1 of JS or Curtis up would result in playing with only 17 skaters if anybody tweaked a knee in warm-ups.

But if everybody seemed healthy, not sure why they chose to have 2 Amerks up in the press box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LTS said:

As I ponder it, the only thing I can think of is a waiver situation.  I am sure Lazar has to clear, I don't know about Dea.  Could it be that they don't want to send them back down and risk losing them until they have their forward depth back?

 

Has Lazar passed his 30 days? I don’t think so. Dea is definitely waiver-safe

As much as it makes them ***** to Amerks fans, I think Botterill’s first priority is to make sure the Sabres have options and that means at least one spare forward and one spare defencemen available.

That Krueger chose to dress the spare D instead of the 12th forward makes a sucky Amerk situation hurt more, but I think it’s a decision most NHL teams would have made.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...