Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Good thing Jbot has all those D coming in.  ?

I guess Pilut and Bryson get most of Rochester's PP point work going forward -- if Pilut can't make the jump to hyperspace Buffalo.

Can Laaksonen hit the AHL this coming season and start bulking up on whatever that local cuisine is called? Trash compactor plate? Or does he need to stay in the Liiga another full year (20-21)?

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Maybe I’m just naive to professional hockey at large but I’m surprised this isn’t something that’s heard more often. Why wouldn’t you want to go live a few years in Europe? I know I tried to re-enlist in Germany. 

27 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Maybe I’m just naive to professional hockey at large but I’m surprised this isn’t something that’s heard more often. Why wouldn’t you want to go live a few years in Europe? I know I tried to re-enlist in Germany. 

I can't remember any vet joining the Amerks that didn't spend a season or two overseas. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I can't remember any vet joining the Amerks that didn't spend a season or two overseas. 

So he gone? Does that mean this season is in the books? The last communication I had with the Amerks was an affirmation that my tickets are still good...for when this season starts up......they’re lying to me, ain’t they? No one is getting refunded, are they? What about the renovations that were to start soon? How about those free playoff tickets that were dangled before my eyes as an incentive to renew? My guess? Zach doesn’t have confidence in there being a true 20-21 NA season.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, inkman said:

Gotta see if they are airing the whole game. If so I may have to tune in.  

News10 claims that it’s the entire game. I’m looking forward to it. That was my first full year in WNY and it did have a little bit to do with my decision to stay put. ??

It's a good opportunity to see some Sabres players and some guys that never made it.  Steve Shields, Brian Holzinger, Dixon Ward, Curtis Brown, Wayne Primeau, Scott Nichol, Dan Frawley, Scott Metcalfe, Jody Gage, Doug Houda & all timer Rumun Ndur.  

2 hours ago, inkman said:

It's a good opportunity to see some Sabres players and some guys that never made it.  Steve Shields, Brian Holzinger, Dixon Ward, Curtis Brown, Wayne Primeau, Scott Nichol, Dan Frawley, Scott Metcalfe, Jody Gage, Doug Houda & all timer Rumun Ndur.  

I forgot Houda played with the Amerks.  He was a seasoned NHLer before he came to the Sabres organization.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I forgot Houda played with the Amerks.  He was a seasoned NHLer before he came to the Sabres organization.

He he was the subject of one of the coolest signs ever seen in the MMArena.  Houda man?  Doug da man!

(Probably put up by his parents or wife, and quite inaccurate, but cool nonetheless.)

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I have seen few players with less talent. That old codger got every ounce out of his decrepit body with the Amerks. Just gutted it out game in and game out. It was physically painful to watch him move most nights. But he got it done. Quite well considering his limitations. 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

They wanted him back and he said no.

He turned down a one way deal with them yesterday. 

A one-way deal?

That says things about his relationship with the Sabres.

And about the new regime.