Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Amerks win 4-2

Cornel with 2G

Mitts with 1G 1A

Yep.  Cornel with the game winner tipping in a Bryson point shot, then getting the empty netter to seal the deal.

Laval's Dauphin the 3rd star.

Mittelstadt the 2nd star.

Cornel the 1st star.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  Cornel with the game winner tipping in a Bryson point shot, then getting the empty netter to seal the deal.

Laval's Dauphin the 3rd star.

Mittelstadt the 2nd star.

Cornel the 1st star.

I love the way Cornel has thrived in his role with the Amerks.  He's the kind of player that thrives during the post season.  Tonight may have been his best game of the season.  Gilmour can go suck on an egg.  Woof.  His defensive play makes MAG look like Chris Pronger.  

• Like (+1) 2

The Mitts goal was a weird one. The puck flipped very high into the zone and dropped right in front of Primeau. I think it stunned the Rocket. They were all caught looking at the rebound and Casey was all alone in the right spot for it. It was a pretty good game for him.

The officiating was horrendous. I’d like to know how these people are selected and how much experience they have. I’ve never seen either of the two refs before. In fact I’ve only seen a repeat in refs once all season. Linesman repeat often but not refs. These two sucked balls tonight. They almost make the product unwatchable with the butchering of the rules. 

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

The Mitts goal was a weird one. The puck flipped very high into the zone and dropped right in front of Primeau. I think it stunned the Rocket. They were all caught looking at the rebound and Casey was all alone in the right spot for it. It was a pretty good game for him.

The officiating was horrendous. I’d like to know how these people are selected and how much experience they have. I’ve never seen either of the two refs before. In fact I’ve only seen a repeat in refs once all season. Linesman repeat often but not refs. These two sucked balls tonight. They almost make the product unwatchable with the butchering of the rules. 

Porter's hit was questionable but to toss him? And a 5 min major?  

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Porter's hit was questionable but to toss him? And a 5 min major?  

They let a Rocket hold the puck on the boards with his skate almost 30 seconds during an Amerk PP with no whistle. I have no idea what the criteria for interference was all night, they never called it once and I saw it all over the friggin place. They called a hook on Redmond and he never had two hands on the stick(Rocket held the stick the entire time)...and the play calling was just bad and I’m not being a homer. That penalty shot awarded to Asplund was a joke. Clean play by the Dman. And did you see how fat the linesman #28 was? He could barely get into position and called two offsides on the Amerks that were not even close....Officiating in this league is a GD joke.

9 hours ago, Ogre said:

With less people getting into officiating and those who have dropping out at higher rates (across all sports) you are bound to see a decline in the pool of people who will rise up to officiate at higher levels.  Those that do could be those who are insane enough to make it through dealing with spectators at the lower levels for the time it takes to earn their way up into the more selective leagues.

• Like (+1) 1

Amerks beat Bellville, easily the best team in the league, 4-2.  Borgen with the game winner, his first goal of the season, with less than 2 minutes left.  This team is fun to watch as long as they get competent goaltending.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

Amerks beat Bellville, easily the best team in the league, 4-2.  Borgen with the game winner, his first goal of the season, with less than 2 minutes left.  This team is fun to watch as long as they get competent goaltending.  

Who was in net tonight?

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yep.  Could have swore I heard Hammond's name.  

Either way it meets your criteria for competent goaltending. Hopefully that means UPL is heading back to Cinci soon.