Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

How is the attendence this season @ home ? 

Friday/ Saturday are meh....Wednesday is a joke. They don’t even open all the concessions on Wednesday nights. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

People bring sandwiches to swinger's parties?

Those people are working up an appetite....

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

Friday/ Saturday are meh....Wednesday is a joke. They don’t even open all the concessions on Wednesday nights. 

Those people are working up an appetite....

Why is this you believe ? 2 seasons of fortune should be enough to ask the question imo. 
Not that they did good during the playoff but still. 

20 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Why is this you believe ? 2 seasons of fortune should be enough to ask the question imo. 

Pegula Sports took over operation of the arena for the start of last season and really botched things badly. There was a big season ticket holder boycott over the drastic changes to concessions/operations. It was chaos trying to get some food or a beer. They literally made a Friday game look like a Wednesday game.
Now the season ticket holder needs to wear a huge 4” by 6” lanyard around their neck if they want to use any season ticket benefit. 
 Don’t discount the sting of how the playoffs went for us fans. Two years in the playoffs and not a single game won. The new ticket reps don’t even know the layout of the arena let alone the history of the team. 
 The concessions are also a joke. They had a gourmet stand, Mac n cheese stand, tacos, burritos, wrap station, they even had a gluten free stand. Now it’s just finger and fries, burgers/hots and garbage plates. They also have two places where you can get the toughest/nastiest beef on weck with the crappiest horseradish you’ve ever tasted. Doesn’t seem like a big deal until you get a week like we have coming up with 4 games in 7 nights. Who is committing to all four games and eating that kind of garbage that many nights a week? Pegula royally ***** up the way things operate and the diehards are getting tired of it. It’s really sad when people are screaming for them to stop whatever stupid intermission activity they’re doing and just go back to having the little kids play at intermission. They have found every way possible to make going to a game as uninteresting as they possibly can.

I literally threw a beef on weck into the trash because it was like chewing on a shoe....and I don’t EVER throw food away.

Edited by Ogre
Beer on weck would be better than their beef.

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

Pegula Sports took over operation of the arena for the start of last season and really botched things badly. There was a big season ticket holder boycott over the drastic changes to concessions/operations. It was chaos trying to get some food or a beer. They literally made a Friday game look like a Wednesday game.
Now the season ticket holder needs to wear a huge 4” by 6” lanyard around their neck if they want to use any season ticket benefit. 
 Don’t discount the sting of how the playoffs went for us fans. Two years in the playoffs and not a single game won. The new ticket reps don’t even know the layout of the arena let alone the history of the team. 
 The concessions are also a joke. They had a gourmet stand, Mac n cheese stand, tacos, burritos, wrap station, they even had a gluten free stand. Now it’s just finger and fries, burgers/hots and garbage plates. They also have two places where you can get the toughest/nastiest beef on weck with the crappiest horseradish you’ve ever tasted. Doesn’t seem like a big deal until you get a week like we have coming up with 4 games in 7 nights. Who is committing to all four games and eating that kind of garbage that many nights a week? Pegula royally ***** up the way things operate and the diehards are getting tired of it. It’s really sad when people are screaming for them to stop whatever stupid intermission activity they’re doing and just go back to having the little kids play at intermission. They have found every way possible to make going to a game as uninteresting as they possibly can.

Didn't mean it like that when it comes to playoff, i just thought that maybe some hopes were raised in the community. 
I'm blown away by this comment.. are you serious about this "huge 4” by 6” lanyard around their neck"- thing  ?

What in the actuall ....

Not that I am the typical target audience of the Amerks(in terms of attending games), but as someone in the eastern suburbs of Buffalo, I would probably attend 5 games a year if the arena was anywhere to the west/southwest of downtown Rochester and knock my commute time to 50-55 minutes(assuming good driving weather).  That being said, the downtown location is central to all of Rochester, and I understand that it is perfectly located for the local fanbase.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

The Amerks fan base has been dissolved.  There are only a few die hards left.  I'd say a few hundred.  Everyone else is gone.  The only way they pack the arena is through promotions.  When Brian Gionta came back as an Amerk, the place was packed.  Weekend nights fill the arena between 60-75%.  It comes down to this:

1) They were a horrible team for a long period of time.  It decimated what was a great hockey city.

2) The affiliation nonsense.  The dual affiliation with the Panthers and the lone affiliation with the Panthers really disenfranchised the marriage that we really enjoy with the Sabres.  

3) All the things Ogre mentioned.  The organization doesn't know how to treat fans.  They raised all the food and drink prices, brought in their own concession company with all new employees, most of whom have never worked in food service in their life.  The Burrito stand ran out of BEANS the first hour they were open and I'm not sure they had more than 20 customers.  It took them 40 minutes to get new ones.  

4) The ticket prices.  Last I checked it was ~ $26 a ticket.  That's just a bit steep for minor league hockey.  Between that, parking and concessions, it'll run you close to $100 for a night with the family.  I'm sure people are rolling their eyes when they drop 3 times that for the Sabres but their is no resale market for the Amerks where you can get tickets for $10.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Didn't mean it like that when it comes to playoff, i just thought that maybe some hopes were raised in the community. 
I'm blown away by this comment.. are you serious about this "huge 4” by 6” lanyard around their neck"- thing  ?

What in the actuall ....

I have to wear this ridiculous thing if I want my discounts/entry to the season ticket lounge. You can’t even just carry it in your pocket it’s so damn big!4CB652BD-93CD-4F04-99C7-E1BB5FDBD5C7.thumb.png.198e457fb03fb355cb58d5bdd9df9b4e.png

16 minutes ago, inkman said:

The Amerks fan base has been dissolved.  There are only a few die hards left.  I'd say a few hundred.  Everyone else is gone.  The only way they pack the arena is through promotions.  When Brian Gionta came back as an Amerk, the place was packed.  Weekend nights fill the arena between 60-75%.  It comes down to this:

1) They were a horrible team for a long period of time.  It decimated what was a great hockey city.

2) The affiliation nonsense.  The dual affiliation with the Panthers and the lone affiliation with the Panthers really disenfranchised the marriage that we really enjoy with the Sabres.  

3) All the things Ogre mentioned.  The organization doesn't know how to treat fans.  They raised all the food and drink prices, brought in their own concession company with all new employees, most of whom have never worked in food service in their life.  The Burrito stand ran out of BEANS the first hour they were open and I'm not sure they had more than 20 customers.  It took them 40 minutes to get new ones.  

4) The ticket prices.  Last I checked it was ~ $26 a ticket.  That's just a bit steep for minor league hockey.  Between that, parking and concessions, it'll run you close to $100 for a night with the family.  I'm sure people are rolling their eyes when they drop 3 times that for the Sabres but their is no resale market for the Amerks where you can get tickets for $10.  

I'm truly sorry to hear this. I guess it happeneds will all clubs that  keep providing trash season after season, it is exactly the same with MODO Hockey now doing great but attendence and rest is sh1t. 

Guess ppl are fed up with the bs, let's hope for your amerk fans this change.

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I have to wear this ridiculous thing if I want my discounts/entry to the season ticket lounge. You can’t even just carry it in your pocket it’s so damn big!4CB652BD-93CD-4F04-99C7-E1BB5FDBD5C7.thumb.png.198e457fb03fb355cb58d5bdd9df9b4e.png

My goodness, what? dear god. So sorry you have to endure this beeing a longtime supporter ?

They also changed the way we redeem unused tickets for vouchers. You can’t just exchange at the ticket booth anymore. You have to do it through you’re account manager which you can only do on a device that can run Flash or you can’t view the seating chart to pick your seat. I have a buddy come last minute because I can’t redeem from my phone. Add in the fact that they want me to commit to renewal so early without the chance to see how a post season works out. I was really pissed when the ticket rep went on about how the Amerks were just developmental. I stopped him short to give him a history lesson on the Amerks and his only retort was “I don’t know about any of that..”...he didn’t care either....why should the fans care then?

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

The only way they pack the arena is through promotions. 

And they didn’t sell all those tickets either. Lots of comps just to get ***** in the seats for their “big name” of the night.

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

They also changed the way we redeem unused tickets for vouchers. You can’t just exchange at the ticket booth anymore. You have to do it through you’re account manager which you can only do on a device that can run Flash or you can’t view the seating chart to pick your seat. I have a buddy come last minute because I can’t redeem from my phone. Add in the fact that they want me to commit to renewal so early without the chance to see how a post season works out. I was really pissed when the ticket rep went on about how the Amerks were just developmental. I stopped him short to give him a history lesson on the Amerks and his only retort was “I don’t know about any of that..”...he didn’t care either....why should the fans care then?

The way the society is moving, only care about your self and none else. 
Hopefully fans will stand up to this utter garbage.

5 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

The way the society is moving, only care about your self and none else. 
Hopefully fans will stand up to this utter garbage.

I’m may be ranting too much. I’m still pissed over my conversation with the ticket rep. Don’t tell me I don’t matter then ask for my support...

56 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

I guess it happeneds will all clubs that  keep providing trash season after season, it is exactly the same with MODO Hockey now doing great but attendence and rest is sh1t. 

That sucks. I remember our conversation about how hockey is in Sweden and I really caught the same vibe that we have here in Rochester. It takes a lot of winning and a big commitment from ownership to erase all the years of crap. In our case there have been so many years of crap that you have to try and build an entirely new fan base because some of the most diehard fans are simply gone or too old to get to many games. It makes me sad.

• Thanks (+1) 1