Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

That wasn’t a terrible turnover lol. It was a crazy bouncing puck

It would help if you quoted the person you were answering.  Anyway, he took the puck and skated right into the teeth of the defense.  It was preventable.  He created the "crazy bouncing puck" you  are referring to. the puck was on his stick, prior to the redline with an outlet at his disposal.  He chose to create the crazy bouncing puck by pushing it into the Crunch defense.  It wasn't like he put it on a players stick in the slot but it immediately lead to a odd man rush and a goal.  See want you want to see.  

21 minutes ago, inkman said:

It was preventable.  He created the "crazy bouncing puck" you  are referring to. the puck was on his stick, prior to the redline with an outlet at his disposal.  He chose to create the crazy bouncing puck by pushing it into the Crunch defense.

I was referencing this very type of play in an earlier post. The way they’ve played all year involved a team effort entering the zone. If one player got in trouble there was help close by. Lots of puck possession that way. Driving off by yourself with no real plan for possession is foolish and something the kid still thinks he can get away with. Hopefully that’s the message they’re trying to get in his head.

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Is he the sole reason?  No.  Is he part of a lineup that hasn't played together showing little chemistry, terrible defense and suspect goaltending.  Yes.  

Casey isn't to blame but he hasn't helped much either. I delved into this subject on Rakish's podcast if anyone wants to listen.  They we're winning with Eric Cornel, Dalton Smith and Nathan Paetsch contributing.  

They just need a few games/practices together to get reacclimated with everyone.  Here is a nice tidbit:

Yeah they need some scoring from other forwards, I think Mitts is second amongst the forwards in his 11 games there. 

54 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yeah they need some scoring from other forwards, I think Mitts is second amongst the forwards in his 11 games there.

Let's not fall in love with offensive stats. Everyone loves to. Especially with Dahlin and the like. Mittlestadt is talented but he's been on the ice for more goals against than for.  Casey can create, unfortunately we're never quite sure what team will be thr beneficiary.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2020 at 1:00 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Amerks starter the year with Lazar, Asplund, Thompson and Pilut in their roster.  Those guys are now all in Buffalo.  That's a ton of talent to lose off an AHL roster.  Blaming Mitts for the slide is complete BS.  

I agree that they lost talent (although not sure how much above AHL average — since all NHL teams call their best AHL guys up periodically), but the bolded is a bit strong unless you’ve watched their games pre and post mitts’ arrival IMHO.  

22 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Your insight serves you well...

A loss, but with a point earned. Did the team look like it's making improvements for when (hopefully) some reinforcements return? Or does it appear a bit disjointed?

Can't judge much off tonight's game. Had to kill to 5 on 3s.  Dominted most of play but didn't capitalize.