Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Amerks win 4-0 over the Maaahlies.  Lazar and Fitzgerald with 2 point games.  

The dozens of us in attendance enjoyed it immensely. Dea was sharp. Hammond could have stopped an RTS bus tonight. Fitz was the dman forward.

Best overheard fan comment of the night....

The Jumbotron shows an older white hair couple with Santa tees on. Someone behind me SCREAMS “Santa! I know him!”  

Thank you, kind sir. That was dope.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ogre said:

We were being outshot 19-8 at one point in the 2nd. Halfway through the 3rd we’re outshooting them 28-20. That’s nuts.

What's more amazing the the motley Crew they are doing it with. Vail, Randall, Dalton Smith, Malone, Cornel, Aquin, Fitzgerald at forward, and obviously Porter, Ogelvie, Dea, Lazar and Murray.  They have a seriously talented Defense crew with at least half of them NHL futures or AHL all-stars. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Vail

Especially with this one. Remember his stint her a few years ago? He was something like a -16 in 13 gp. He skates like a dump truck. He always has a random strap hanging out of his sweater or pants. He looks like he crawled out of a dumpster.  

I am grateful he scored tonight but I’ll be even more grateful when he’s back in the bus to Cincinnati.

This team is really impressive. I honestly thought they’d be average going into this season. Thought they lacked top end scoring, but the defense and goaltending have been phenomenal. And they e been winning without CJ Smith, Thompson, Elie and Leier. And maybe Asplund too. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hockey night in Rochester. Penguins in town for the only time this year. The vender that does garbage plate does a mini version with a beer for $5.85 on Wednesday nights. They use waffle fries which is genius IMO. I have to go all the way around to the other side for Genny products on Wednesday too. That’s almost unacceptable.?

Go Amerks!

• Like (+1) 1

Nice to see CJ Smith and Leier (and Burton, too although I'm completely unfamiliar with him) back in the lineup. Even with those reinforcements, the Amerks still dressed 7 D last night. Was Casey Fitzgerald still playing wing? Good on him to stay in the lineup since the D-corps is stacked.

What's really fun is their record while missing all those forwards. (And still missing Wilson, Elie, Thompson, and Asplund. Although getting Asplund in an Amerks sweater might not happen again.)

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Fitzgerald

He fought last night and he didn’t get his ass kicked. Almost got whooped but he got back up and kept trying. I think these guys try a little harder in the A because the drop to the next level really sucks. I was looking for curiosity‘s sake at the average ECHL salary last night. This is the newest info I could find.

https://work.chron.com/pro-hockey-salaries-1275.html

As of publication, the ECHL has a $13,260 weekly salary cap for 20 players and minimum player salary of $500 per week.”

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

So 13,260/20 would be a maximum of $663/week if everyone is paid equally. Yikes, that's low pay for a job that requires travel every other week.

I wonder if they cover rent. I'll bet they have some type of minimal stoped for food as well.