Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Ogre said:

The section that does the “goalie goalie, you suck and it’s all your fault chant” started up after the first goal last night. Immediately afterwards the large group of youth hockey players started screaming “you suck and it’s your fault!”  I think the chanting dudes felt bad they got these little kids doing it so they switched over to the “one, two we want three chant at the second goal. I appreciated, as did the parents I’m sure, that they censored themselves for the night.

Instant karma is gonna get you 

5 minutes ago, Derrico said:

There’s a name I haven’t heard in awhile and looking like another bust in a long line of busts.  How’s he looked this year? 

Like a below average AHL player.  To his credit, he's found a role as a 3rd/4th line AHL player.  

Edited by inkman

6 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’m curious how Taylor is running the pk and pp compared to Dineen. I did notice that Taylor had a different starting line from the one Dineen has had the last three games.

They said Taylor was coming back but would't be behind the bench until next week.  I'll keep an eye out for the bench.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

<yawn>

Why would you even post this?  To show that you are an arrogant jerk with no ability to empathize with a fanbase that is just asking for the basic fundamentals of a farm franchise. 

The Amerks are down double digit forwards and are playing an entire 4th line of defenseman while two capable healthy forwards sit in the press box an hour (or two tonight) down the Thruway. 

I tend not to get caught up in as this is the life of a minor league fanbase but to unabashedly drop in with this moronic yawn comment is just being a *****.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, inkman said:

Why would you even post this?  To show that you are an arrogant jerk with no ability to empathize with a fanbase that is just asking for the basic fundamentals of a farm franchise. 

The Amerks are down double digit forwards and are playing an entire 4th line of defenseman while two capable healthy forwards sit in the press box an hour (or two tonight) down the Thruway. 

I tend not to get caught up in as this is the life of a minor league fanbase but to unabashedly drop in with this moronic yawn comment is just being a *****.  

Well said. You got to it before me. Who could possibly agree with sitting two AHL players in the NHL while the Amerks are playing 2 D at forward, unless you’re an arrogant ass? 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Well said. You got to it before me. Who could possibly agree with sitting two AHL players in the NHL while the Amerks are playing 2 D at forward, unless you’re an arrogant ass? 

It's also interesting that a team bereft of forward talent is playing so well.  I think we knew a lineup of 80% pluggers would work hard and not give up much but you gotta figure the teams with real NHL talent buried in the minors would start to take it's toll on our group of muckers.  

It's nice to see Murray and Ogelvie taking advantage of ice time they would not get bestowed upon them if not for the fact that Brady Vail and Tyler Randall are the options.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Amerks8796 said:

As I ponder it, the only thing I can think of is a waiver situation.  I am sure Lazar has to clear, I don't know about Dea.  Could it be that they don't want to send them back down and risk losing them until they have their forward depth back?

1 minute ago, LTS said:

As I ponder it, the only thing I can think of is a waiver situation.  I am sure Lazar has to clear, I don't know about Dea.  Could it be that they don't want to send them back down and risk losing them until they have their forward depth back?

Had Lazar been a scratch for the Sabres more than 3 times before last night?  If he hadn't he didn't need to clear waivers to go down.

Dea hasn't been back up for anywhere near 10 games, so he doesn't have to re-clear waivers yet.

With Rodrigues injured, they definitely were going to keep at least 1 of Dea or Lazar up to have a spare skater.  Wonder if they had any concern whether Johansson or Sheary (or other) would be able to go?  If anyone did miss due to a setback, then only having 1 of JS or Curtis up would result in playing with only 17 skaters if anybody tweaked a knee in warm-ups.

But if everybody seemed healthy, not sure why they chose to have 2 Amerks up in the press box.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Has Lazar passed his 30 days? I don’t think so. Dea is definitely waiver-safe

As much as it makes them ***** to Amerks fans, I think Botterill’s first priority is to make sure the Sabres have options and that means at least one spare forward and one spare defencemen available.

That Krueger chose to dress the spare D instead of the 12th forward makes a sucky Amerk situation hurt more, but I think it’s a decision most NHL teams would have made.

• Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Has Lazar passed his 30 days? I don’t think so. Dea is definitely waiver-safe

As much as it makes them ***** to Amerks fans, I think Botterill’s first priority is to make sure the Sabres have options and that means at least one spare forward and one spare defencemen available.

That Krueger chose to dress the spare D instead of the 12th forward makes a sucky Amerk situation hurt more, but I think it’s a decision most NHL teams would have made.

Not sure about the 30 days, but he could very well have been up for 10 games now.  He skated in 6 and was a healthy scratch for at least 2 and likely 4-5.

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Because this is the way the food chain works. It has always worked this way. It will always work this way. So they sat 2 guys that you'd have like the Amerks to dress. Neither you nor a have any idea about players health or injury status. Maybe they had a couple guys sick who weren't sure they could go. Maybe they just wanted some more bodies around. It's part of the deal. Would you be happier if they'd brought 2 guys from Cincinnati to solve the lack of forwards? That's the direction the food chain should work. I'm sorry, I appreciate Rochester for what it is but the kvetching that happens every time the roster ends up weird because of a problem at the NHL level doesn't do anything for me. I'm sure the Bisons would have liked to have Vlad Guerrero Jr. All year too.

For the record, it didn't bother me one bit.  I was just stating the majority's opinion.  And I think I said everything you did as well. ?