Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Not really a fan of the Alomode that I saw tonight from the Amerks, and with the Sabres. Only 2 shots on goal in the 3rd, and of course this led to Cleveland tying the game in the final minute. 

Dineen rolled the bajesus out of that 81/11/15 line...those guys were run ragged by the third.

I don’t understand how we could be so shallow that a defenseman has to play forward. We have injuries organizationally but nothing that could be considered an exorbitant amount. Maybe he’s actually a decent option there? Has he played C before? 

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t understand how we could be so shallow that a defenseman has to play forward. We have injuries organizationally but nothing that could be considered an exorbitant amount. Maybe he’s actually a decent option there? Has he played C before? 

Amerks are down 7 forwards with the call ups.  

https://www.letsgoamerks.com/injuries/

11 hours ago, inkman said:

Notice who is centering the 4th line.  The Amerks are missing a few player from injury but the callups have made things worse.

Did they really play two D at LW and C on the 4th line for a whole game?

Hickey listed there is also a D, no?

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Yes and yes.  

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Borgen on the third D pairing? Has he always been there, or has he regressed somewhat?

He's been playing a ton with the injuries to Pilut and Redmond. Maybe they are giving him a break. From what I've seen, Borgen gets as many minutes as anyone else. It would help if we had TOI stats as Ogre mentioned. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Yep. Management totally caught sleeping this week and failed to bring in PTO players from the ECHL, let alone maybe a decent enough AHL player. Pleasantly surprised they won a game with that gruesome lineup. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

TOI stats

Interesting at the least...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pensionplanpuppets.com/platform/amp/2019/1/29/18200650/the-ahl-is-considering-making-time-on-ice-data-public-david-andrews

Seems to me the big clubs were as much to blame for TOI being withheld as anyone. Makes sense I guess. I wonder how many clubs track it for their own purposes? 

I want to know. They had Murray playing on two different lines last night at times. How the hell are they supposed to evaluate something like that if they don’t even track it?!

20 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

failed to bring in PTO players

Shaw Boomhower was recalled but there was no where’s near enough time for him to get here in time for the game. Larsson was hurt at the end of the game Thursday and they didn’t make the call until Friday. Aquin came to replace Lazar and Boomhower will be here to replace Asplund. It’s really not fair to say they were sleeping on this.

53 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Yep. Management totally caught sleeping this week and failed to bring in PTO players from the ECHL, let alone maybe a decent enough AHL player. Pleasantly surprised they won a game with that gruesome lineup. 

The good news is most of the guys inserted into the lineup are seasoned pros who are hard working character types. They won't be able to sustain success but they'll outwork a lot of teams. 

It's not an ideal circumstance but this team right now is 100 times better off than the almost any roster that we've seen in the last 20 years.  

Teams in the late 90's early 2000's were barely ECHL squads. 

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

Shaw Boomhower was recalled but there was no where’s near enough time for him to get here in time for the game. Larsson was hurt at the end of the game Thursday and they didn’t make the call until Friday. Aquin came to replace Lazar and Boomhower will be here to replace Asplund. It’s really not fair to say they were sleeping on this.

They’ve been losing players almost daily for a week and they haven’t done anything. There’s no excuse to have to play two defensemen at forward because you don’t have enough players. Scott Wilson was hurt on Wednesday, when they o my has 12 healthy players to begin with, and they did nothing. It’s inexcusable from a management perspective. They needed to bring in a healthy body or two even before Larsson got hurt. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

The good news is most of the guys inserted into the lineup are seasoned pros who are hard working character types. They won't be able to sustain success but they'll outwork a lot of teams. 

It's not an ideal circumstance but this team right now is 100 times better off than the almost any roster that we've seen in the last 20 years.  

Teams in the late 90's early 2000's were barely ECHL squads. 

What? The late 90s Amerks were some of the best teams of my lifetime. They went to the finals back to back, and the 00-01 team won the division. The 03-04 team was very close to winning the Cup. 

This teams looks okay, not nearly as good as last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

What? The late 90s Amerks were some of the best teams of my lifetime. They went to the finals back to back, and the 00-01 team won the division. The 03-04 team was very close to winning the Cup. 

This teams looks okay, not nearly as good as last year. 

They are down 7 forwards. If they get healthy, they should be real good. 

I should have fact checked as I knew this would be the first post refuting what I said. It was the dual affiliation/Panthers years that were the worst. 2005-2011.  Those rosters were abysmal.  Marek Zagrapan and Kamil Kreps FTL.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

They are down 7 forwards. If they get healthy, they should be real good. 

I should have fact checked as I knew this would be the first post refuting what I said. It was the dual affiliation/Panthers years that were the worst. 2005-2011.  Those rosters were abysmal.  Marek Zagrapan and Kamil Kreps FTL.  

Yeah those years were brutal, other than 09-10, when they signed a ton of AHL all star forwards. That team should’ve gone far if not for non existent goaltending. 

Full strength, they’re a good team, but still lack high end skill. I think Asplund has struggled as a top 6 center without Olofsson to carry him. 

Edited by Amerks8796

29 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Yeah those years were brutal, other than 09-10, when they signed a ton of AHL all star forwards. That team should’ve gone far if not for non existent goaltending. 

Full strength, they’re a good team, but still lack high end skill. I think Asplund has struggled as a top 6 center without Olofsson to carry him. 

I also think Asplund has something else wrong other than missing Olofsson. He's just been bad.  

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

Amerks start the night down 2-0 only 4:21 into the first.  Then they stormed back for a 4-2 win. Goals and assists all over the place. Bretty Murray being the only multi point getter. They were both secondary assists according to the scoresheet. 

Second game this weekend that Murray/Porter/Oglevie was our starting line. These away games are when I really want to know the toi. Murray’s second assist was on Nelson’s goal so I’m guessing PP. Boomhower had a fight with an extra two for removing the helmet(as did his opponent)but I can’t find a video so I can’t say how he fared. He’s had quite a few fights in Cincinnati so I’m guessing he wins some of them at least. These divisional games are all must win IMO. Very nice....