Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

Tage was knocked on his ass more than once but that dangle for the first goal was nice. Fitzgerald looked lost quite a bit. Oglevie was injured a large portion of last season and didn’t contribute much when he did return. He played well away from the puck tonight and was rewarded. Hammond is an upgrade to Wedgewood(who was the Crunch’s backup tonight) but that 2nd goal was awful. I do like his puck handling though. 

Winning is nice. 

Edited by Ogre
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

It’s seems like they could be grooming them to be long term linemates

It's certainly possible but Olofsson got a season with Asplund too.  I always envisioned Asplund as a 3C while I think Tage still has top 6 potential.  

34 minutes ago, inkman said:

It's certainly possible but Olofsson got a season with Asplund too.  I always envisioned Asplund as a 3C while I think Tage still has top 6 potential.  

I like the idea of Asplund at 3C. A 200’ game with some offensive skill.

Tage could be the rifle on PP2, he just needs to round out his game more to have a role in the top 9.

56 minutes ago, inkman said:

They’re on pretty much the same page on the development curve. Olofsson really was his own animal since he’s that much older/experienced, even if it’s only two years. 

15 hours ago, Weave said:

I am seriously rooting for Tage.  I think the kid can be something.

The kids reach alone gives him more space on a rush but in close he still gets over powered. He does look a little huskier but his frame still has a lot of room left on it. I really think he’s in the best place for his development. The games in the A are mostly weekends with a few mid week games scattered in. He’s going to be able to follow a stricter regimen in the gym which should help him fill that frame out quicker.

• Like (+1) 3

Had the Amerks on the TV whilst watching the Sabres on my laptop last night. Amerks won 2-1. 

Tage is the best player on the ice.  Consistently on scoring rushes and creating chances. A lot of it coming 5 on 5. He may be carving out a spot next to 53-90.  

• Like (+1) 7

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Had the Amerks on the TV whilst watching the Sabres on my laptop last night. Amerks won 2-1. 

Tage is the best player on the ice.  Consistently on scoring rushes and creating chances. A lot of it coming 5 on 5. He may be carving out a spot next to 53-90.  

Good to hear. We'll need Tage before the end. I hope they keep him in Rochester until christmas though. Really let him develop his game and add strength. 

• Like (+1) 2