Rochester Amerks 2019-2020 Season

Brawndo

20 hours ago, dudacek said:

Love how we sign these good AHL vets to minor league contracts that the Amerks couldn’t afford on their own without any impact on the contract and cap situation with the big club.

Right, because the Amerks should ice a team with the 5 or 6 good prospects that are AHL eligible and then just play a bunch scrubs to fill out their lineup. 

Incredibly disrespectful post towards Rochester and their fans,  not to mention not even close to rooted in any sort of reality in how the AHL works. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Which seems like a pretty big dis to the franchise, city and it's fans. While we get a "free" team, we are also subject to no roster control, player shortages from attrition and tenuous on ice product due to the hit or miss nature of prospects. 

56 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Right, because the Amerks should ice a team with the 5 or 6 good prospects that are AHL eligible and then just play a bunch scrubs to fill out their lineup. 

Incredibly disrespectful post towards Rochester and their fans,  not to mention not even close to rooted in any sort of reality in how the AHL works. 

You guys either misunderstood my post or really need to stop living in the past.

When have the fans of any team had roster control? The Amerks were overflowing with bodies last year prospects and players.

You would rather not have the Sabres sign guys like Porter and Redmond to fat AHL deals? Or operate Cincinnati as an Amerk farm team?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Which seems like a pretty big dis to the franchise, city and it's fans. While we get a "free" team, we are also subject to no roster control, player shortages from attrition and tenuous on ice product due to the hit or miss nature of prospects. 

Do you know how many of the teams are NHL-owned vs. independent ownership?  I'd love to see that number, but I get the impression that it leans towards the former at this point.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I always got to the arena early for some beers  and I really like to watch warmup. Good stuff to see. Leier has some of the most impressive footwork I’ve ever seen.Nice player. Glad to see that....they see....a right piece to the puzzle....

• Like (+1) 1

Amerks, now that Sabres traded for Miller are going to have plenty of D.  Send Bogo down for rehab, Borgen may be down to develop some more.  Pilut unsure if waiver exempt, but if so, let him gain another 10 lbs down in the A and the following year Samuelson and Laaks are on their way to a solid D pipeline... forwards still need work, but even that though lagging appears to be turning around.. You can see it happening though not as fast as I'd like.

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Dalton Smith signes a one year deal with the Amerks 

Awesome. Fan favorite. Real PITA to play against. Hits, fights, agitates and can play a little puck. Great to see him back. 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3

Porter, Smith, Leier, Elie, Malone, Dea, Lazar re-signed or signed for the Amerks forward group to go with Pekar, Asplund, and Oglevie.  CJ Smith, Thompson and Nylander could also return if they don’t make the Sabres.  Anyone missing at forward?

Hickey, Borgen, Gilmour, Bryson, Redmond and Fitzgerald plus maybe Pilut for the D corps. Again, anyone missing?

Hammond and UPL in net

This team looks strong in net and on D.  Offense will depend on who doesn’t make the Sabres and growth from guys like Oglevie and Asplund.  

How an AHL push notification made a private work dispute public 
https://theathletic.com/1071150/2019/07/11/how-an-ahl-push-notification-made-a-private-work-dispute-public/

Basically developer and former employee turned contractor v boss who is a bit of a jerk.  Glitch in email/notification system sent texts public... oops.

• 1 month later...