Dahlin and 60 point summit

LGR4GM

Dahlin Points  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many points this season (2019/20) will Rasmus Dahlin score?

• 44 or less points
    • 45-59 points
    • 60 or more points

On 6/12/2019 at 8:22 AM, LGR4GM said:

I believe that Rasmus Dahlin will be on a 60pt pace over an 82 game season starting this year. Can he actually top it? 

His points total should be secondary to proper use and development. His points are going to come.

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...

Unaccustomed to losing and no longer a rookie, Dahlin told The Associated Press on Thursday he feels better prepared and is far more driven to help transform the Sabres into contenders.

"I'm putting more pressure on myself. We're going to be a winning team and be in the playoffs," Dahlin said. "I think everyone is putting more pressure on ourselves now, and we're ready to go."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27441676/mature-dahlin-driven-get-sabres-playoffs

Just read this today. Dahlin showing some leadership quality and taking responsibility. I like to see that he's doing that at such a young age. How quickly does he get an 'A' on his sweater?

50 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

Just read this today. Dahlin showing some leadership quality and taking responsibility. I like to see that he's doing that at such a young age. How quickly does he get an 'A' on his sweater?

Won’t take long.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/23/2019 at 1:52 PM, Ducky said:

His points total should be secondary to proper use and development. His points are going to come.

This is where I’m at as well. I’m placing more importance on his proper development and usage this season. The points will come. Even if it’s “only” 40-45 points this season. He’s gonna get pressured even more by the forecheck and targeted even more. I hope he perseveres and stays healthy. 

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

This is where I’m at as well. I’m placing more importance on his proper development and usage this season. The points will come. Even if it’s “only” 40-45 points this season. He’s gonna get pressured even more by the forecheck and targeted even more. I hope he perseveres and stays healthy. 

I think that in 3 or so seasons 45 points will be a floor. He is going to be a 50+ player for a long, long time.

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You are all going to be surprised by Dahlin this season with this talk of a "couple years away". There are no years away, he's going to be something else starting now. 

Agreed. 

All the more reason we should be looking at our window as being open right now and not "in a few years", and along with that looking to maximize things as is. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I thought he was already something else? Or am I thinking of something else?

Already something else for his age. I expect that to continue being the case as his career goes on. 

Edited by Thorny

33 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm looking forward to the forthcoming "Jack and Dahlin don't like each other" narrative.

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Im not sure Dahlin dislikes anyone. 

And how could anyone possibly dislike him?!  Unimaginable!  :)

I was reading some gushing over Thomas Chabot and how he is “already” an elite NHL defencemen at such a young age.

Dahlin put up 44 points as an 18-year-old. Chabot put up 45. In the Q.

At 19, Chabot scored 7 points in 13 AHL games after destroying junior hockey for a half-season.

At 20 he had 25 points as an NHL rookie.

And at 21 he put up 11 more points in the NHL than Dahlin did at 18.

I do think 60 points this year is entirely within Dahlin’s range. The league is underestimating him.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I was reading some gushing over Thomas Chabot and how he is “already” an elite NHL defencemen at such a young age.

Dahlin put up 44 points as an 18-year-old. Chabot put up 45. In the Q.

At 19, Chabot scored 7 points in 13 AHL games after destroying junior hockey for a half-season.

At 20 he had 25 points as an NHL rookie.

And at 21 he put up 11 more points in the NHL than Dahlin did at 18.

I do think 60 points this year is entirely within Dahlin’s range. The league is underestimating him.

Let's hope he does.  If he does, that will help cover a lot of forward flaws and will almost necessarily mean the Sabres have a line besides just Eichel's that does score.

Still expecting him to end up in the upper 50's this season though, and should he end up in 60's or 70's will be very pleased.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.