GDT SC Final Game 7: St.Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins, 8:00pm EDT

WildCard

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Wow. I totally blocked that memory out. Thanks for the research.

No worries my fair Darth.

By that time poor Paul was on concussion #74, or so, and was a fraction of his earlier self.  I feel badly for him.  Great player.  I can't remember, but I don;t think he has his name on the cup

If the Blues hang on to win tonight I believe 10 of the 16 wins were on the road.  Fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Lol his postgame question about getting traded...

Seeing as ROR just won the Conn Smythe, I guess he somehow found his love of the game again!

St. Louis and Buffalo: 2 early expansion teams, same color schemes, both on polar opposites of the hockey spectrum.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

What a story book ending to the season that started out so terrible.  Will the Sabres have one of those?  It is spring, so hope springs eternal.

Yep, all they need is a Ryan O'Reilly-type player.  So close.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

Seeing as ROR just won the Conn Smythe, I guess he somehow found his love of the game again!

St. Louis and Buffalo: 2 early expansion teams, same color schemes, both on polar opposites of the hockey spectrum.

Yup... it’s not just depressing it’s humiliating... JBot should be fired immediately just because.  It’s solidified as the worst trade of all time.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Let's get real, the Sabres the past few seasons could not have done what the Blues did. 

That's just it. As they're handing around the Cup...  that roster is really good. ROR might be the #1 center on it, but they're good up and down the lineup. (Plus Binnington is excellent aside from the occasional flub.)

Awww... they turned off the microphone. Sad.

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.