GDT SC Final Game 7: St.Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins, 8:00pm EDT

WildCard

O'Reilly said something to the effect of "game 7 needs to be the best game I've ever played" after the last game. So it's obvious that he's already in "it's all on me" mode. And if he's that tightly wound up then there's a good bet the whole team is.

I could see this being a blowout if the Bruins can weather the early Blues push and crack Binnington.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

The best case scenario for the Blues, imo, is for either team to score a goal early in the game, just to break the seal. The longer this game goes scoreless, the better it is for the Bruins.

Best case is O'Reilly getting an early one again because that propelled him to 2 great games.

Him causing the 1st Boston goal is worst case.

Just now, WildCard said:

Ehhh...

I want the Blues to win, but if O'Reilly has an own goal in there somewhere I'm not gonna complain

If O'Reilly shuts down, can't see the Blues having enough horses to overcome both his line having issues AND a deficit on the road.

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

O'Reilly said something to the effect of "game 7 needs to be the best game I've ever played" after the last game. So it's obvious that he's already in "it's all on me" mode. And if he's that tightly wound up then there's a good bet the whole team is.

I could see this being a blowout if the Bruins can weather the early Blues push and crack Binnington.

This should be true of every athlete in every sport in every championship elimination game. I’m sure damn near every player is thinking that to themselves. If Josh Allen said before the Super Bowl “this needs to be the best game I’ve ever played,” wouldn’t the response be “no *****, Sherlock?”

Edited by #freejame
Not to mention if he said this needs to be everyone’s best effort ever, his comments would be torn apart for implying others aren’t bringing it.
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Marchand went brain dead, going off the ice and leaving his man cruise in.

And he knows it, see that stupid look on his face at end of the period.  He was gassed but still cant do that and Petrangelo read it perfectly.

Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.