2019-2020 Lineup

GASabresIUFAN

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't remember this.  (I also don't want to derail the thread.) What happened here?

The Swedish Hockey Federation sent representatives to the Winter GM Meetings In Boca Raton. They spoke about the improvement in the Quality of Swedish Players and that they felt the best place for to continue development outside the NHL was in Sweden. This was during Alex Nylander’s First Season in Rochester. The details on how it all happen are not clear, but they either used Nylander as an example of someone at should be in the SHL or GMTM inferred that they were. He disagreed with their conclusions, but rather than be diplomatic about it, he went on a tirade that included multiple F Bombs. Bettman and Daly were quite PO’d about it and let The Pegulas know. They were none too happy.  This contributed to GMTM’s Dismal a few months later. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/10/2019 at 8:30 PM, Brawndo said:

The Swedish Hockey Federation sent representatives to the Winter GM Meetings In Boca Raton. They spoke about the improvement in the Quality of Swedish Players and that they felt the best place for to continue development outside the NHL was in Sweden. This was during Alex Nylander’s First Season in Rochester. The details on how it all happen are not clear, but they either used Nylander as an example of someone at should be in the SHL or GMTM inferred that they were. He disagreed with their conclusions, but rather than be diplomatic about it, he went on a tirade that included multiple F Bombs. Bettman and Daly were quite PO’d about it and let The Pegulas know. They were none too happy.  This contributed to GMTM’s Dismal a few months later. 

Interesting.  I haven’t heard this before either.  Pretty GD stupid of TM if true.  

I never heard of this.

31 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Interesting.  I haven’t heard this before either.  Pretty GD stupid of TM if true.  

This wasn’t my take. All I thought was - ***** Bettman and Daly.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I never heard of this.

This wasn’t my take. All I thought was - ***** Bettman and Daly.

I don't recall it either, but I don't doubt it.  Murray was not known for tact.

Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson

Johansson - Mittelstadt - Reinhart   (I think Johansson is crucial here for offensive zone entries)

Vessey - Asplund - E-rod

Smith - Larsson - Okposo  ( Okposo will have to battle hard for his spot, I can see R2 win a spot here)

sheary / Girgensons ( just trade them already)

Dhalin - Miller  (miller might be a better fit than montour)

McCabe - Montour

Scandella - Ristolainen  (Pilut will take his spot after 10 games or insert Bogo if he is fit) 

Hutton 

Ullmark

( if they fail UPL will get his shot in January)

Edited by Huckleberry

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I had heard it was Nylander’s Dad that wanted him in Rochester instead of Sweden or back to the OHL

The fact is we should have left him in the OHL.  I’m glad Jbot is sending Pekar to Barrie. No need to rush his development. 

I'm glad JB is Barry-ing his Pekar. 

Good on him! 

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson

Johansson - Mittelstadt - Reinhart   (I think Johansson is crucial here for offensive zone entries)

Vessey - Asplund - E-rod

Smith - Larsson - Okposo  ( Okposo will have to battle hard for his spot, I can see R2 win a spot here)

sheary / Girgensons ( just trade them already)

Dhalin - Miller  (miller might be a better fit than montour)

McCabe - Montour

Scandella - Ristolainen  (Pilut will take his spot after 10 games or insert Bogo if he is fit) 

Hutton 

Ullmark

This is what's different this year compared to years past:  There is a literal logjam in the roster, and not all the players are players we want to keep.  I think JBot has done a good job of acquiring talent this offseason (still would like to see a better 2C option), but he hasn't managed to dispose of the players we should be moving away from.  So it's really kind of difficult to project who will be on the opening night roster.... or looking at it another way, until JBot gets rid of some of the extra pieces, the opening night roster won't be a true fielding of the best team the Sabres could assemble.

I keep waiting for the "addition by subtraction" but it never comes.

7 hours ago, Tondas said:

Yep.  Looks like Rasmus has grown from a kid to a man in one year.  Should be exciting to watch this year.

image.png.aaed22faec38f28a5bb1c2d3322bec73.pngimage.png.65f47f123b9c0dcd5710256998799111.png

I saw a picture of him in shorts, looked stockier for sure. I'm curious to see how that translates. I think he's a prime player for Krueger. They'll fit nicely.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yea, it’s so weird how that happens when humans age. And when they put on muscle. They look ... different 

giphy.gif

?

What is the point of this post?  "Ha, ha, some people are so dumb that they don't realize that young athletes tend to put on muscle over time?" 

I was expecting more this off season...I don't mind the additions of Johansson and Vesey.  I think Johansson will help Mitts in both offensive and defensive zones.  Vesey will add another player willing to go to the net.  Still not sure about our third and fourth lines.

Larsson, Girgensons and Okposo need to add some scoring punch.  They played well defensively and could control puck in O-Zone, but they lacked finishing with goals.  

Still waiting for that Alex Such, Michael Ferland type of player who brings that big game...will it be Thompson or do we need to wait another year for Pekar?

How it looks now-

Skinner- Eichel- Olofsson

Johansson- Mitts- Reinhart

Vesey- ERod- Sheary

Girgensons- Larsson- Okposo

Dahlin- Montour

McCabe- Risto

Scandella- Miller

Thompson, Joki, Pilut start year in Roch...they are first call ups

Edited by sweetlou
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.