2019-2020 Lineup

GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Apparently Mitts and Dahlin room together 

Didn't even recognize Dahlin.  I assume that he's on Mitt's right.  Sure looks more "manly".  Hopefully he can play stronger this year.

Just now, Tondas said:

Didn't even recognize Dahlin.  I assume that he's on Mitt's right.  Sure looks more "manly".  Hopefully he can play stronger this year.

Ah sorry, yeah he's not in that picture. If you click the tweet it shows Dahlin commenting on it poking fun at Mitts

• Thanks (+1) 1

Here is a scary thought.  With the qualified RFAs, Jbot could theoretically be done for the summer once those guys officially sign.  Cost of the Status Quo Sabres with the qualifying offers (some like McCabe Erod and Ullmark will be higher when actually signed) is $69,072,824

@pi2000 ready to pull your hair out?

Skinner Eichel Reinhart

Sheary Mitts Olofsson

Wilson Erod Okposo

Girgensons Sobotka Smith

Larsson

Dahlin Montour

McCabe Ristolainen

Scandella Bogosian

Hunwick Nelson

Hutton Ullmark

Welcome to Hell.  If this is even close to the opening day lineup, I’m going to scream and jump off the Jbot bandwagon and add him to my TM list.  

IMHO from this “team,” I’d keep Forward line 1 intact, move the 2nd line to the 3rd line and the 3rd to the 4th. Pick one guy from the status quo 4th line as the 13th forward and get rid of the rest.  Then go out and find an entire 2nd line.  Also I’d get rid of both Scandella, Bogo and Hunwick and replace with a vet like Martinez or Stralman plus Pilut and bring a kid (Bryson or Borgen or Dougherty) up if we end up needing an 8th D.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 6/17/2019 at 1:10 PM, Tondas said:

I did the same thing but I don’t think Dahlin is even in the picture.  Mitts took it with his buddies and posted.  Then Dahlin chirped him in the comments.

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Here is a scary thought.  With the qualified RFAs, Jbot could theoretically be done for the summer once those guys officially sign.  Cost of the Status Quo Sabres with the qualifying offers (some like McCabe Erod and Ullmark will be higher when actually signed) is $69,072,824

@pi2000 ready to pull your hair out?

Skinner Eichel Reinhart

Sheary Mitts Olofsson

Wilson Erod Okposo

Girgensons Sobotka Smith

Larsson

Dahlin Montour

McCabe Ristolainen

Scandella Bogosian

Hunwick Nelson

Hutton Ullmark

Welcome to Hell.  If this is even close to the opening day lineup, I’m going to scream and jump off the Jbot bandwagon and add him to my TM list.  

IMHO from this “team,” I’d keep Forward line 1 intact, move the 2nd line to the 3rd line and the 3rd to the 4th. Pick one guy from the status quo 4th line as the 13th forward and get rid of the rest.  Then go out and find an entire 2nd line.  Also I’d get rid of both Scandella, Bogo and Hunwick and replace with a vet like Martinez or Stralman plus Pilut and bring a kid (Bryson or Borgen or Dougherty) up if we end up needing an 8th D.

I think we can assume that Thompson is here and that JBot will not listen to RK screaming that TT doesn't belong here by scratching him for games on end.  (One place where I give PH credit and JBot discredit.)  I also assume that Pilut will be up here instead of Hunwick.  I hope there is no way on God's Green Earth that Sobotka is in the line-up.  So your line-up turns into:

Skinner Eichel Reinhart

Sheary Mitts Olofsson

Smith Erod Nylander

Girgensons Larsson Okposo

Wilson, Thompson

Dahlin Montour

McCabe Ristolainen

Scandella Bogosian

Pilut Nelson

Hutton Ullmark

You know what's funny about this line-up?  Add a centre and send Thompson down and I think it makes the playoffs.  Last year.

Edited by E4 ... Ke2
clarification

7 hours ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

I think we can assume that Thompson is here and that JBot will not listen to RK screaming that TT doesn't belong here by scratching him for games on end.  (One place where I give PH credit and JBot discredit.)  I also assume that Pilut will be up here instead of Hunwick.  I hope there is no way on God's Green Earth that Sobotka is in the line-up.  So your line-up turns into:

Skinner Eichel Reinhart

Sheary Mitts Olofsson

Smith Erod Nylander

Wilson, Thompson

Dahlin Montour

McCabe Ristolainen

Scandella Bogosian

Pilut Nelson

Hutton Ullmark

You know what's funny about this line-up?  Add a centre and send Thompson down and I think it makes the playoffs.  Last year.

So basically reverse the O'Reilly trade and we make the playoffs last season?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

Skinner Eichel Reinhart

Sheary Mitts Olofsson

Smith Erod Nylander

Wilson, Thompson

Dahlin Montour

McCabe Ristolainen

Scandella Bogosian

Pilut Nelson

Hutton Ullmark

Maybe I'm just cranky and it's late (early), but aside from the 1st line & 1st D, that lineup is not scaring anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nylander - Eichel - Oloffson

Skinner - Samson - Zuccarello

Erod - Mittlestadt - Perry ( 2 year deal)

Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo

Dhalin - Montour

McCabe - Ristolainen 

Pilut - Bogosian

Hutton
Ullmark

(I do expect UPL in here by november if the other two keep performing badly)

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Nylander - Eichel - Oloffson

Skinner - Samson - Zuccarello

Erod - Mittlestadt - Perry ( 2 year deal)

Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo

Dhalin - Montour

McCabe - Ristolainen 

Pilut - Bogosian

Hutton
Ullmark

I’d switch someone with Oloffson or someone with Nylander. Try to add more veteran presence on the first line.

3 hours ago, Tondas said:

Maybe I'm just cranky and it's late (early), but aside from the 1st line & 1st D, that lineup is not scaring anyone. 

That is why I wrote the status quo lineup.  We enter the season with no actual 2nd line again and the same defensively challenged defense then Jbot should be fired.

• Like (+1) 2

Mittelstadt-Eichel-Oloffson

Skinner-Reinhart-Nylander

Sheary/Smith-Rodrigues-Thompson

Girgensons/Wilson-Larsson-Okposo

Trade targets to upgrade/shelter/demote Oloffson, Nylander and/or Thompson.  Sign Pominville/Vanek for fan service if trade deals don’t work out and they don’t want to gift all the rookies spots  

Sobotka waived, Sheary expendable, I won’t pretend Okposo can be moved

Edited by triumph_communes

40 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Mittelstadt-Eichel-Oloffson

Skinner-Reinhart-Nylander

Sheary/Smith-Rodrigues-Thompson

Girgensons/Wilson-Larsson-Okposo

If JBot goes into 2019 with that line up, he needs to be simultaneously updating his resume'. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is highly unlikely.  HE is coming off bilateral hip surgery and may not be ready for beginning of season.  He needs to play in AHL before coming to sabres

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yup... that’s a Lotto pick lineup 

tank for lafreniere ?

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I’d switch someone with Oloffson or someone with Nylander. Try to add more veteran presence on the first line.

Yeah I'd tried to be as realistic as possible, don't expect much this time around.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Marchand'sNose said:

So basically reverse the O'Reilly trade and we make the playoffs last season?

6 hours ago, Tondas said:

No, I am saying that if we don't have a line of Elie-Sobotka-Thompson and replace it with competent NHLers, then we make the playoffs.  No, they don't scare anyone, but I think if JBot had made those moves before the New Year, they hang on to 8th.

I should add that because I believe the problems after the All Star Break are primarily because of JBot's inaction, my expectations this year are for this team to achieve as if they had made the playoffs last year.  Therefore, I am treating this year as the playoffs being a given; if that doesn't happen, then JBot should be out.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Play like you don't care for Lafreniere.

Trend "bear" for Lafreniere?

46 minutes ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

No, I am saying that if we don't have a line of Elie-Sobotka-Thompson and replace it with competent NHLers, then we make the playoffs.  No, they don't scare anyone, but I think if JBot had made those moves before the New Year, they hang on to 8th.

I should add that because I believe the problems after the All Star Break are primarily because of JBot's inaction, my expectations this year are for this team to achieve as if they had made the playoffs last year.  Therefore, I am treating this year as the playoffs being a given; if that doesn't happen, then JBot should be out.

That's exactly where I'm at as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.