• Vasili Podkolzin
    • Bowen Byram
    • Trevor Zegras
    • Matthew Boldy
    • Cole Caufield
    • Peyton Krebs
    • Alex Turcotte
    • Alex Newhook

Zegras because Im likely to see him at my home rink this summer and according to high school friends I met this summer he is working on getting uuge... My Buffalo speak. They said huge.  Kid is very enthusiastic, going to BC next year... If Turcotte somehow falls then obvious choice.

Edited by North Buffalo

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

I like Zegras because he sounds like a bounty hunter. Because bounty hunter is one of only 5 possible career choices in the galaxy... the possibilities for riffing are endless. I like his name, I like his game. I like the way he whips a mule's behind with a belt.

Bounty hunters, we don't need their scum.

Turcotte is the most obvious choice, if for some reason he fell.  He has the defensive upside, the skill and the skating at pace that is the most appealing.  Outside of Kakko, he's my facvorite player in the draft.  That could change, I'm starting to like a few other European players.  However, Turcotte at 7 would be the best gift ever. 

4 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Turcotte is the most obvious choice, if for some reason he fell.  He has the defensive upside, the skill and the skating at pace that is the most appealing.  Outside of Kakko, he's my facvorite player in the draft.  That could change, I'm starting to like a few other European players.  However, Turcotte at 7 would be the best gift ever. 

Which European player would you like at 7? I can't think of 1 for that pick. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Which European player would you like at 7? I can't think of 1 for that pick. 

Podkolzin's ceiling could be 3-5 in this draft but I would not take him at 7.

Turcotte is my wish but I think his profile has been raised to top 5.

Cozens, with Zegras a close second are who I am liking now.

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm a big Cozens fan and Zegras has started to make me a believer. They would both be interesting options at #7.

Yes. I can make a comfortable case for a half-dozen players.

Which is why I will be ?when they take Broberg.

?

I really, really like Peyton Krebs.

I wish the Sabres would give us some hints.

They interviewed Zegras twice. They have four profiles up on their website: Caufield, Turcotte, Dach And Cozens.

So really, It could be anyone.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

At first I would be disappointed with Caufield at 7, especially if a talented Center was still on the board.  Mainly because we already have smaller wingers like Skinner, Erod and Olofsson.

Pod would be a disappointment too because he won't be around for 2 years and I don't want to wait that long.

I loved Broberg at the Hlinka last summer but the questions of his hockey sense (since then) scares me, plus I really feel we need a forward, preferably a center.

54 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

At first I would be disappointed with Caufield at 7, especially if a talented Center was still on the board.  Mainly because we already have smaller wingers like Skinner, Erod and Olofsson.

Pod would be a disappointment too because he won't be around for 2 years and I don't want to wait that long.

I loved Broberg at the Hlinka last summer but the questions of his hockey sense (since then) scares me, plus I really feel we need a forward, preferably a center.

Whomever they grab at 7 will be at least 1 year away, so the 2nd year shouldn't be tooo offputting.

My concern would be more due to a very annecdotal reason.  The couple of times that a very highly talented & previously highly ranked prospect fell to the Sabres around this draft slot (Cooper & Grigorenko) & the Sabres took him, the results were less than satisfying.  

The Sabres should've heeded the red flags then; realizing this is a different red flag, would still prefer they avoid him.

40 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Whomever they grab at 7 will be at least 1 year away, so the 2nd year shouldn't be tooo offputting.

My concern would be more due to a very annecdotal reason.  The couple of times that a very highly talented & previously highly ranked prospect fell to the Sabres around this draft slot (Cooper & Grigorenko) & the Sabres took him, the results were less than satisfying.  

The Sabres should've heeded the red flags then; realizing this is a different red flag, would still prefer they avoid him.

Who is Cooper?  Also, the last time a higher ranked prospect fell to Buffalo due to red flags and they took him was Mittelstadt in 2017.

David Cooper, a WHL defenceman in the ‘90s.

Was considered the top D available for much of the season, but dropped for a reason.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=10741

He joins Shawn Anderson (5th in 86, ahead of Brian Leetch) as perhaps our most disappointing defenceman picks ever.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Who is Cooper?  Also, the last time a higher ranked prospect fell to Buffalo due to red flags and they took him was Mittelstadt in 2017.

David Cooper.

Thought that Mittelstadt had been projected to be 7 or 8 his draft year with most of tge earlier projections.  If he'd been consistently ranked top 3 or, will stand corrected.

Cooper had been seen as the top D-man most of his draft year, but fell due to work ethic concerns.

Grigorenko had been typically pencilledin at 3 and even got some talk as going ahead of Yakopov & Galchenyuk.

26 minutes ago, Taro T said:

David Cooper.

Thought that Mittelstadt had been projected to be 7 or 8 his draft year with most of tge earlier projections.  If he'd been consistently ranked top 3 or, will stand corrected.

Cooper had been seen as the top D-man most of his draft year, but fell due to work ethic concerns.

Grigorenko had been typically pencilledin at 3 and even got some talk as going ahead of Yakopov & Galchenyuk.

At draft time, I think Mittelstadt getting ranked close to 7, but earlier in the season I thought he was getting ranked higher.  I know some publications had him in the 3-5 range even at draft time.  Looking back at rankings though, it seems there wasn’t a lot on consensus in that 3-10 range in 2017, so maybe it’s not really applicable.

Cooper, 1992.  That would explain it.  Didn’t know anything about him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.