• Vasili Podkolzin
    • Bowen Byram
    • Trevor Zegras
    • Matthew Boldy
    • Cole Caufield
    • Peyton Krebs
    • Alex Turcotte
    • Alex Newhook

I think all 10 choices are worthy of pick 7.

Turcotte and Byram are my clear favourites.

I give Boldy and Zegras a slight edge over the rest, in that order.

I’d be leery of Cozens in the top five, but he looks pretty good at pick 7. But I also think Newhook and Krebs are more my kind of players. That’s my “I’m OK with” tier.

Caufield, Pod and Dach have bigger boom/bust factors. If we take one of them over the previous tier, I won’t be upset, but I’d be putting blind faith in our scouts.

Edited by dudacek

34 minutes ago, inkman said:

Whoever makes liger happy.  

... I'm not gonna lie, I'm not sure what will make me happy. 

What will make me happy is if the Sabres are the smart team that gets the best player outside that top pair. 

My issue is me deciding who I think that is. 

I honestly haven't followed the draft enough to make an informed choice. I'd prefer a center over a winger or defenseman (we need more depth there) and I prefer a good skater and based on what little I've read a ton of players are relatively equal around the spot we're picking so BPA will be more about preference/style more than an actual talent gap between one guy and the next. Given Botterills track record I don't think he'll be picking a CHL guy but I guess we'll see soon enough.

13 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Baro Bujisoto of the Okinawa Claymores

Or, and hear me out:

Munchma Quchi of the Dubai Scimitars

Taro sez:  Old joke, it's been done before.

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

but I doubt JBot goes that way

How do you think Krueger's hire will change the players JBot drafts/acquires?

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

How do you think Krueger's hire will change the players JBot drafts/acquires?

I don't think it will. JBot seems to prefer Europeans and in general is focused on speed, mobility and skill. Like he believes in the Pittsburgh model and ultimately wants us to be what they were. Size seems to be less important to him. Maybe that'll change but there's no evidence of it yet. 

I personally have never been on board with that idea. I think what you see in St. Louis and Boston has always been the way to go but since JBot is the GM I try to buy in and believe it'll work. Not sure what Krueger will bring. Hopefully a better team system with more stability and better communication. A system that can throttle the opposition the way some of those lesser Euro teams do (Finns, Swiss) and thus over achieve. Don't think it'll get us the cup, but it might get us into the playoffs if everyone buys in.

So in other words I suspect JBot drafts the faster more skilled option that is left when we get to 7. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.