The 2019 Stanley Cup Final. St Louis vs Boston

Brawndo

ROR was apparently the first player ever to score in (sequential) games 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the SCF. 

Seeing him win the Conn Smythe ... well, like some song lyrics: “Hurts so bad. More than I expected that it would. Worse than that: It seems to be taking a little longer than it should.”

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Regardless of how we feel about O'Reilly lifting the Cup, I'd like to think we can all unite with pure joy at seeing Marchand cry in sadness, right? 

Clearly not, because ROR won the Cup and JBot is still here.  What are you thinking?

23 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Regardless of how we feel about O'Reilly lifting the Cup, I'd like to think we can all unite with pure joy at seeing Marchand cry in sadness, right? 

Let the church say “amen.”

Also: I’m legitimately happy for O’Reilly.

And I fear for the Sabres. Hamilton reported that Jack had no issues with ROR, but that ROR had issues with Jack. I’m starting to wonder anew over what that might have been about.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I actually like a lot of the players on Boston (Marchand included). For me, the joy came in seeing the fans’ pain.

The lack of whistles in that game was impressive. And it’s not like they just weren’t calling stuff. It was a super-cleanly played game. There were really only two borderline hits (penalty called on St Louis, the other probably should have been called for boarding, but instead was praised by the knuckleheads as a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.) Other than that there was nothing. Wish all the games were played like that.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Haven't read this whole thing, but am I the only one that noticed how weird the Blues' Cup celebration on the ice was? The first 4-5 guys immediately handed it off instead of skating around with it or anything

That is becoming more of a think since RB77 in Colorado.

The Blues have a number of grizzled old vets (Jay B. being one) that just wanted to touch that thing and they have been through so much this year.

Why wife thought I was crazy because I got upset when they cut to commercial in the middle of the cup celebration.  *****, I need to see every single scrub carry that cup.  I didn't have the remote close and with the rate they were handing that thing off, I probably missed a bunch of players in the time it took me to switch over to the cable network.

Edit: And I get a kick out of how much they played up the worst to first angle.  I can think of another team that started out on one extreme end of the league and also did a complete 180 right around the same time of the year.

Edited by shrader
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, shrader said:

Why wife thought I was crazy because I got upset when they cut to commercial in the middle of the cup celebration.  *****, I need to see every single scrub carry that cup.  I didn't have the remote close and with the rate they were handing that thing off, I probably missed a bunch of players in the time it took me to switch over to the cable network.

Edit: And I get a kick out of how much they played up the worst to first angle.  I can think of another team that started out on one extreme end of the league and also did a complete 180 right around the same time of the year.

I noticed that too! I switched over to CBC when that commercial came on. Poor timing.

I wonder if Berglund is already on a plane headed for St. Louis.

I also wonder if he finally found his smile.

I also wonder if we will ever keep or get of players because of hockey reasons. (Actually, I think we finally started with Skinner. I'm just glad we didn't let him walk "because he's quirky." Hopefully, "the room" can handle it.)

Yes, I'm angry,... as I usually am on this day every year.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Has there ever been a season where 2 teams have done 180s in opposite directions at the same time? One of the first teams to ever lead the league in November to missing the playoffs and one of the first teams to ever be in last place around that time to winning a cup.

• Like (+1) 1

I think I am going to the parade on Saturday.  I have a friend that’s been a fan since 1967. He was at The Enterprise Center for game 7.  He wants to go and my wife is working.  Why not go?  

This is not like a Sabres win, but for me it’s a second best.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.