The 2019 Stanley Cup Final. St Louis vs Boston

Brawndo

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

There were quite a few fights in the stands at the game last night. Surprisingly (or maybe not because it's Boston) some of them were between Bruins fans. They also started raining garbage on the ice too

Stay classy, Boston

Conversely, this would never happen at a Sabres game because you would already have been thrown out for talking too loudly. 

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, WildCard said:

There were quite a few fights in the stands at the game last night. Surprisingly (or maybe not because it's Boston) some of them were between Bruins fans. They also started raining garbage on the ice too

Stay classy, Boston

Someone just sent me a video of a fight breaking out among Bruins fans.  It looked to me as though the one guy was around my age (mid 40-ish) against a 20 something kid.  Its 2019, cameras are everywhere, I just imagine how embarrassed I would be at my job and among my family and friends if I got caught up in this nonsense and it went viral. Idiots.

5 minutes ago, Claude_Verret said:

Someone just sent me a video of a fight breaking out among Bruins fans.  It looked to me as though the one guy was around my age (mid 40-ish) against a 20 something kid.  Its 2019, cameras are everywhere, I just imagine how embarrassed I would be at my job and among my family and friends if I got caught up in this nonsense and it went viral. Idiots.

People fighting in the stands aren't concerned/don’t understand the impact it’ll have on them. 

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Conversely, this would never happen at a Sabres game because you would already have been thrown out for talking too loudly. 

LOL ...  in Buffalo, I see Dark tossing a sticky, misbehaving, four year old named Chet, Jr. to the ice.

Just now, Neo said:

LOL ...  in Buffalo, I see Dark tossing a sticky, misbehaving, four year old named Chet, Jr. to the ice.

I would never! To do so would require:

1. Putting down my 5.75oz cup of wine

2. Elevating my heart rate enough to pump blood to my extremities

3. Disrupting the family friendly atmosphere

These are, of course, cardinal sins for any Sabres fan and would result in a lifetime ban from the arena.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would never! To do so would require:

1. Putting down my 5.75oz cup of wine

2. Elevating my heart rate enough to pump blood to my extremities

3. Disrupting the family friendly atmosphere

These are, of course, cardinal sins for any Sabres fan and would result in a lifetime ban from the arena.

Plus your top hat might fall off your head and get dirty, and there's a chance you'd lose your monocle and with no monocle and a dirty top hat you'd be no better than the rest of the unwashed masses (i.e. working class bums)

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

People fighting in the stands aren't concerned/don’t understand the impact it’ll have on them. 

I get it. Alcohol and testosterone fueled males at sporting events can be a powder keg. I've been there myself in situations down here at games with a few beers in me with canes fans doing some jaw jacking and having beer "accidentally" spilled on me where I'd have loved nothing more to pop someone in the face. But I didnt, and I never will because I'm not a troglodyte. Again, its 2019, now more than ever it's imperative to just walk away. But at the same time I operate in my daily life under the principle that at least half of the people I encounter will be idiots. So in the end...you're right! 

Dont bother, God is just laughing... you dont think he has a sense of humor as long as you are not punching a 20 year old.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Damn those dastardly Bruins.  Every last one of them since the dawning of time.

4 days post Ramadan and my good behavior is out the window.  I will pray for my soul.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

I get it. Alcohol and testosterone fueled males at sporting events can be a powder keg. I've been there myself in situations down here at games with a few beers in me with canes fans doing some jaw jacking and having beer "accidentally" spilled on me where I'd have loved nothing more to pop someone in the face. But I didnt, and I never will because I'm not a troglodyte. Again, its 2019, now more than ever it's imperative to just walk away. But at the same time I operate in my daily life under the principle that at least half of the people I encounter will be idiots. So in the end...you're right! 

You showed some Haidt!

icrackmeup

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

Don't know about idiots, but fully 50% are as dumb as, or more likely significantly dumber than, the average schmuck. ?

20 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

Edited by carpandean

1 hour ago, carpandean said:

There’s some pretty big punches in there. I wonder when people are going to understand the seriousness of what can happen when they punch people in the head/get punched in the head? I don’t mean legally either. 

I’ve been going to New England on business for 12 years now.  In general, very nice people.  Until it comes to sports teams.  I’ve seen many a conversation go bad by locals who just don’t get it.  Fueled by the unprecedented success of their professional teams plus talk radio and social media.  

Those Blues fans were brave souls.  They probably had more battles just to get out of that place.  

5 hours ago, carpandean said:

The first part of that video looked like Bruins fans fighting against each other.

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

There’s some pretty big punches in there. I wonder when people are going to understand the seriousness of what can happen when they punch people in the head/get punched in the head? I don’t mean legally either. 

The real question is how can you even tell if a Boston fan has brain damage?

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

How exciting it would/will be if Sabres were in this position to close out a team and win the cup! 

Must be some fun fun times in St Louis right now. Hope they get the job done tonight 

It has to be torture though, the wait. And the fear. I wouldn't leave the house. I'd be on a soft diet for fear of choking. I'd be a bubble boy.

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.