The 2019 Stanley Cup Final. St Louis vs Boston

Brawndo

It’s so hard not to dwell on the O’Reilly deal. He’s one hell of a player. I’ve said it before, but I really hope it was a Pegula directive to move him. I know others don’t like “meddling,” but I don’t take issue with an owner of a business taking issue with out-of-office behavior and taking the necessary action, regardless of how much it stings. Milbury was right in calling him a superstar. He’s been top three at his role in the NHL for years now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

O'Reilly never quits.  Oh wait

O’Reilly never quit on the Sabres. This is a narrative that needs to stop. You can fall out of love with something you love during trying times, that doesn’t make you a quitter. I’ve used job analogies in the past, but here’s another one—imagine being in love with a significant other. Let’s say they cheat on you. You might question your love of the person. But you realize you’ve spent a significant portion of your life loving that person and don’t want to quit on the relationship. You question your love of the person, but you keep trying to rebuild a strong relationship. 

Sometimes I think people believe athletes aren’t real people with real emotions. Let’s all just go back to cliche and bitching about cookie cutter answers so this never happens again. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, #freejame said:

O’Reilly never quit on the Sabres. This is a narrative that needs to stop. You can fall out of love with something you love during trying times, that doesn’t make you a quitter. I’ve used job analogies in the past, but here’s another one—imagine being in love with a significant other. Let’s say they cheat on you. You might question your love of the person. But you realize you’ve spent a significant portion of your life loving that person and don’t want to quit on the relationship. You question your love of the person, but you keep trying to rebuild a strong relationship. 

Sometimes I think people believe athletes aren’t real people with real emotions. Let’s all just go back to cliche and bitching about cookie cutter answers so this never happens again. 

It won’t stop. People like straw men arguments.

6 minutes ago, #freejame said:

He quit on us by stating it to the media and with his brother’s escapades I’m unsurprised the Pegulas were hardly happy.

Great player but for a guy who literally only gave cookie cutter answers in post games; his end of the year presser becomes unusual 

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Actually, you don’t know this. No one knows, but Botts and the owners. What were private the conversations after his public comments? It’s completely feasible to me ROR said something about not being able to be a leader on a losing team. We don’t know what was said behind those closed doors.

Whatever happened, it was enough to purxhase his ticket out of town. I don’t know why it is so hard for people to accept that they just don’t possess all the facts. 

The Blues have been better on the road this entire playoffs.  They needed to get the lead.  Tonight they came out playing hard but did not score.  They looked terrible in the 3rd and their frustration showed by the penalties.  

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

He quit on us by stating it to the media and with his brother’s escapades I’m unsurprised the Pegulas were hardly happy.

Great player but for a guy who literally only gave cookie cutter answers in post games; his end of the year presser becomes unusual 

Just for clarification, you aren’t holding Ryan accountable for Cals action, correct? You’re saying that played into Pegula’s decision. 

Anyway, I thought people were constantly on his “woe is me attitude” after games and how he would place too much burden on himself? I thought he was always pretty candid with how he was feeling.

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

Actually, you don’t know this. No one knows, but Botts and the owners. What were private the conversations after his public comments? It’s completely feasible to me ROR said something about not being able to be a leader on a losing team. We don’t know what was said behind those closed doors.

Whatever happened, it was enough to purxhase his ticket out of town. I don’t know why it is so hard for people to accept that they just don’t possess all the facts. 

He just gave an interview with the athletic where, and I could be wrong about this because it was over a week ago that I read it, he said he didn’t request a trade and didn’t expect a trade. So I guess you would add liar on top of the other complaints about RoR. 

And if he did quit, RoR going through the motions was still the best player over the course of every season he played with the Sabres*.

*Jack injuries taken into account. 

8 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Binnington would not be my pick for a game 7 goalie.  Kinda reminds me of frozen custard.

Do you think he’s nervous now? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.