The 2019 Stanley Cup Final. St Louis vs Boston

Brawndo

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Smart play by Bergeron, shooting low to get a rebound. Binnington stumbled getting over.

I'll pin the rebound on Binny. Not on getting over. That was great effort. Meantime Tuuka gets beat 5-hole and is saved by the post. Friggin luck.

Edit: replay confirms Binny got over as fast as physics allows. No fault there. But why no backcheck?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Blues power play is godawful: overly deliberate, no puck movement, predictable shots.  They performed all the above negatives on that second period power play and as soon as it ended kept constant offensive pressure on the Bruins for about 4 minutes.  What a telling contrast.  But a great game thus far.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll pin the rebound on Binny. Not on getting over. That was great effort. Meantime Tuuka gets beat 5-hole and is saved by the post. Friggin luck.

Edit: replay confirms Binny got over as fast as physics allows. No fault there. But why no backcheck?

Yeah, he didn't stumble. He was out far and didn't get the push to cover the open net until Carlo was shooting. He probably didn't think the rebound was going to pinball that hard. I think Bergeron made a smart play with that shot.

23 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Blues power play is godawful: overly deliberate, no puck movement, predictable shots.  They performed all the above negatives on that second period power play and as soon as it ended kept constant offensive pressure on the Bruins for about 4 minutes.  What a telling contrast.  But a great game thus far.

Much better effort in early third period pp.  Looks like someone talked to them about it between periods.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Never saw him play with that much intensity in a single game here - ever. 

I could say the same about Berglund, Sobotka, and Thompson and that collection of bums can't even measure up to a bad day for O'Reilly. That late first rounder better turn into a clone of Mark Messier.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I see a few are still butt hurt by O’Reilly. Around here. Bwahahaha. He’s living rent free. Love it. 

Who's butt hurt by O'Reilly? I'm rooting for him and the Blues to beat Boston. I'm angry that we have a General Manager that made a moronic trade that destroyed our center depth for some magic beans. The only reason it still bothers me is because he hasn't been fired so he's still around to make more stupid decisions.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Never saw him play with that much intensity in a single game here - ever. 

Never saw him put a weak effort in a game. Has anyone on the current roster played a game with that much intensity?  Apparently  he's a clutch playoff performer, who knew?

Edited by klos1963

35 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Who's butt hurt by O'Reilly? I'm rooting for him and the Blues to beat Boston. I'm angry that we have a General Manager that made a moronic trade that destroyed our center depth for some magic beans. The only reason it still bothers me is because he hasn't been fired so he's still around to make more stupid decisions.

Very rational take. ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.