The 2019 Stanley Cup Final. St Louis vs Boston

Brawndo

Just now, #freejame said:

What’s that mean?

Boston is a Most Favored Team. 

If that was a Bruin who made that hit, they’ed be talking about that’s just Bruins’ hockey and how tough they are.

Ingrained biases piss me off.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Boston is a Most Favored Team. 

If that was a Bruin who made that hit, they’ed be talking about that’s just Bruins’ hockey and how tough they are.

Ingrained biases piss me off.

So when the Blues scored on the delayed penalty in OT... who was favored on that call. An OT penalty on Boston at home? Not a mostly favored status.

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yep that was nowhere near as bad as McAvoy on Anderson last series against Columbus, and that lack of a major may have prevented CBJ to be in the finals now, F the Bruins 

wasn't McAvoy suspended for that hit?

4 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

So when the Blues scored on the delayed penalty in OT... who was favored on that call. An OT penalty on Boston at home? Not a mostly favored status.

Who cares? Just because they called a penalty that was an actual penalty doesn't mean that weren't favored the rest of the game or other games.

Chara has never been suspended. Think about that.

I got a warning here just for mentioning a dirty hit by him.

Just now, SwampD said:

Who cares? Just because they called a penalty that was an actual penalty doesn't mean that weren't favored the rest of the game or other games.

I got a warning here just for mentioning a dirty hit by him.

It's OT in the Finals. Boston wins  and good chance the series is over.

It just seems buffalonians always bitch about bias , usually against buffalo , but it gets ridiculous after a while.

7 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

It's OT in the Finals. Boston wins  and good chance the series is over.

It just seems buffalonians always bitch about bias , usually against buffalo , but it gets ridiculous after a while.

Chara chopped a guys stick right in front of the ref in game one. It would have resulted in a 5 on 3 for some time. No call.

While I somewhat agree with your take on Buff's fans' takes,… I'm not that guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, klos1963 said:

I honestly don't remember, I just remember watching live and thinking wtf? I just know it was a 1 goal game in game 7 of a series and that call in the moment mattered more than a subsequent suspension 

34 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I honestly don't remember, I just remember watching live and thinking wtf? I just know it was a 1 goal game in game 7 of a series and that call in the moment mattered more than a subsequent suspension 

He was suspended a game.

21 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

Agreed 100%. I cannot stand Doc, Eddie O and Pierre. HORRIBLE crew - they suck!

Is there anyway to stream the feed from Canada, CBC or something and watch it simultaneously?

Try Reddit under nhl streams. It may take a few times to find a good CBC/SPORTSNET feed but it'll be worth it. Anything is better than NBC. 

Luckily in Buffalo, I have CBC on my cable. Even though it's only in SD, it's the only broadcast I'll watch. 

Edited by gomper
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I think if a Bruin is suspended during the playoffs, it defeats the 'favored' narrative.  It's not like the league has a history of excellent officiating and league discipline.

38 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

I think if a Bruin is suspended during the playoffs, it defeats the 'favored' narrative.  It's not like the league has a history of excellent officiating and league discipline.

I don't know if i fully buy into MFT per se, but the officiating is so poor in general its hard to get a grasp. I also just hate Boston and their fans, so officiating bias or not, F them 

41 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

When Colin Campbell is completely out of all NHL activities, I'll believe it...

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2019 at 8:37 PM, SwampD said:

I think Chara is actually a pretty clean player. He could kill people at times and refrains. Always stops if he clocks a guy in a fight and only fights to defend team mates. The old Pacioretty hit could have been a suspension, but that's the only one in his history I remember.

Bergeron is apparently playing hurt. Pasternak and Marchand are off their game and possibly also not 100%. Unless that trio steps it up, Bruins will lose this thing. 

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think Chara is actually a pretty clean player. He could kill people at times and refrains. Always stops if he clocks a guy in a fight and only fights to defend team mates. The old Pacioretty hit could have been a suspension, but that's the only one in his history I remember.

Bergeron is apparently playing hurt. Pasternak and Marchand are off their game and possibly also not 100%. Unless that trio steps it up, Bruins will lose this thing

Bergeron played with multiple rib fractures and a pneumothorax a few years ago, and yet I go to work and see the wimpiest "men" ever, cest la vie 

Idk that hit on max that broke his neck was worthy of a season suspension for both intent and outcome. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bergeron is apparently playing hurt. Pasternak and Marchand are off their game and possibly also not 100%. Unless that trio steps it up, Bruins will lose this thing. 

I agree with that about Chara, but he has also made plenty plays that were worthy of a hearing. It’s hockey, it happens. And one of the excuses that we heard why his hit wasn’t suspendable was that he had never been suspended before,... wuh? Is John Yossarian in charge of player safety?

MFT

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Bergeron played with multiple rib fractures and a pneumothorax a few years ago, and yet I go to work and see the wimpiest "men" ever, cest la vie 

Idk that hit on max that broke his neck was worthy of a season suspension for both intent and outcome. 

How does someone play hockey with a pneumothorax?  I could barely breathe when I had mine.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

And one of the excuses that we heard why his hit wasn’t suspendable was that he had never been suspended before,... 

That is the league criteria though. Has been for a long time. Repeat offenders get additional scrutiny and increased suspensions. That's why Kadri got his since he did the same thing the year before and also had regular season offenses. I can't find fault in that approach. You want to get the dirty guys, not the guys who just made one bad choice in a hockey play or misjudged a moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

That is the league criteria though. Has been for a long time. Repeat offenders get additional scrutiny and increased suspensions. That's why Kadri got his since he did the same thing the year before and also had regular season offenses. I can't find fault in that approach. You want to get the dirty guys, not the guys who just made one bad choice in a hockey play or misjudged a moment. 

Funny how when it's a MFT guy it's just a bad choice or misjudged moment. When it's not, they have to sit. 

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

How does someone play hockey with a pneumothorax?  I could barely breathe when I had mine.

Serious ability to play with no pulse.

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Funny how when it's a MFT guy it's just a bad choice or misjudged moment. When it's not, they have to sit. 

Especially when he use to make multiple bad choices 

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'm guessing it was a smaller pneumo, a large one would render him unable to breathe well. It was probably secondary to the broken ribs, which in its own right is still amazing considering how bad those hurt; let alone the pneumo. 

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

I agree with that about Chara, but he has also made plenty plays that were worthy of a hearing. It’s hockey, it happens. And one of the excuses that we heard why his hit wasn’t suspendable was that he had never been suspended before,... wuh? Is John Yossarian in charge of player safety?

MFT

This annoyance had its zenith with Chris Pronger.  I always figured that while he was on a Sunbelt team that he was untouchable.

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

MFT

Yossarian!  Ah, SabreSpace ...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.