The Looming Lockout: 2020

Taro T

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Wait, what are the details?

Probably nothing more then the PA officially stating that they do not want to reopen the CBA at the end of this coming season, which brings us to the looming lockout 2022.

Paging @Taro T ...

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
my 15,000 post ... I need a hobby

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

... yet.  Give 'em 2 years.

Talk to Freeman; he or one of the other moderators started this thread.

I think if you try to edit the first post in the thread you may still have the power, even if a mod splintered it off of some other thread.  Try it, eh?

**rampant speculation below**

There not a chance in hell there’s a lockout in 2022 with Seattle coming in. I’m sure they have absurd lockout protection and it would be a terrible look for the league. The players will use that as leverage, get the Olympics and sign a three year extension until 2025 when escrow will be dealt with. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, #freejame said:

**rampant speculation below**

There not a chance in hell there’s a lockout in 2022 with Seattle coming in. I’m sure they have absurd lockout protection and it would be a terrible look for the league. The players will use that as leverage, get the Olympics and sign a three year extension until 2025 when escrow will be dealt with. 

We shall see.  As you say, the players would be expected to have better leverage.  But the new US TV contracts will already have been signed, so depending on how they're written the owners (barring Seattle's owner who definitely will want to build on year 1 momentum) may have more or less urgency to get tweaks made and depending on that and just whatitis that the players want could work out a deal that summer.

But if there is no deal by opening night October 2022, there WILL be a lockout.

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

We shall see.  As you say, the players would be expected to have better leverage.  But the new US TV contracts will already have been signed, so depending on how they're written the owners (barring Seattle's owner who definitely will want to build on year 1 momentum) may have more or less urgency to get tweaks made and depending on that and just whatitis that the players want could work out a deal that summer.

But if there is no deal by opening night October 2022, there WILL be a lockout.

UPDATE IT