Brawndo

2019-20 Trade Rumors And Speculation

If Bogo plays another game for Buffalo it is clear that trading him is more important than winning. If I were Colin Miller I would demand a trade for being benched so that could play. 

18 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Good luck unloading this guy 

What was wrong with that play? He got the puck, ERod couldn’t clear it. He then knocks the guy off the puck again. Isn’t that what he is supposed to do?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What was wrong with that play? He got the puck, ERod couldn’t clear it. He then knocks the guy off the puck again. Isn’t that what he is supposed to do?

And if you watch that penalty from a different angle, it only happens because Larkin (I believe that's who it was) trips over Bogosian's leg, which causes all of the contact.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

And if you watch that penalty from a different angle, it only happens because Larkin (I believe that's who it was) trips over Bogosian's leg, which causes all of the contact.

Wait. They called penalty on that play? Weak.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Wait. They called penalty on that play? Weak.

Boarding.  It was a bit of bad luck, but it was the correct call.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

Boarding.  It was a bit of bad luck, but it was the correct call.

Maybe from the ref's angle that looked like boarding. I don't see boarding at all.

59 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Good luck unloading this guy 

55 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If Bogo plays another game for Buffalo it is clear that trading him is more important than winning. If I were Colin Miller I would demand a trade for being benched so that could play. 

He scored a goal yesterday, the only discussion we should be having about him is increasing his ice time and what his contract extension should look like.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He scored a goal yesterday, the only discussion we should be having about him is increasing his ice time and what his contract extension should look like.

spider man lol GIF

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Not that I want to trade Miller, but Miller for Kapanen makes sense for all parties. 

Almost too much sense 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Not that I want to trade Miller, but Miller for Kapanen makes sense for all parties. 

16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Almost too much sense 

I'd be very happy with this, but I think the Sabres would have to considerably sweeten the offer.

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'd be very happy with this, but I think the Sabres would have to considerably sweeten the offer.

By retaining 0.6 mil/season.  Leafs are cap hamstrung.  Retaining the differences in the contracts may be enough.  I know Botterill is allergic to cap retention, but Kapanen would be a great get.  Leafs are desperate for defenders.

26 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

By retaining 0.6 mil/season.  Leafs are cap hamstrung.  Retaining the differences in the contracts may be enough.  I know Botterill is allergic to cap retention, but Kapanen would be a great get.  Leafs are desperate for defenders.

No question he would be a great get, but others will offer more than just the equivalent of Miller.

26 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

No question he would be a great get, but others will offer more than just the equivalent of Miller.

Really depends on your opinion of Miller. I think he's clearly a top-4 defenseman. A team that takes numbers seriously, such as Toronto, may be inclined to agree. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Really depends on your opinion of Miller. I think he's clearly a top-4 defenseman. A team that takes numbers seriously, such as Toronto, may be inclined to agree. 

and a team that doesn't would play Bogo

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.c2d3b41b80e69cd2199de9928a7021d6.JPG

Why are they hamstrung?   They have $5.8M in Deadline cap space.  Morgan Reilly is out for months (at least two) and even if Muzzin comes back in February, they seemingly have plenty of space to make a move. 

I align with @nfreeman - considerable sweetener.    Why would they trade a young asset with excellent possession metrics and has a much higher ceiling for a  guy who has been healthy scratched 15 times this year?  And do it within division.   No chance. 

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Why are they hamstrung?   They have $5.8M in Deadline cap space.  Morgan Reilly is out for months (at least two) and even if Muzzin comes back in February, they seemingly have plenty of space to make a move. 

I align with @nfreeman - considerable sweetener.    Why would they trade a young asset with excellent possession metrics and has a much higher ceiling for a  guy who has been healthy scratched 15 times this year?  And do it within division.   No chance. 

You're assuming they value Miller the same as Krueger does. 

15 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You're assuming they value Miller the same as Krueger does. 

Problem with this speculation is that Dubas and everyone else could have acquired Miller for a lot less then Kapanen before Buffalo acquired him. Maybe his private numbers don’t match the public numbers always associated with Miller.

22 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

it’s a three year contract. They’re cap hamstrung as soon as Reilly is back.

31 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

it’s a three year contract. They’re cap hamstrung as soon as Reilly is back.

But then the trade is more likely next year.  Not this year.   

35 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Problem with this speculation is that Dubas and everyone else could have acquired Miller for a lot less then Kapanen before Buffalo acquired him. Maybe his private numbers don’t match the public numbers always associated with Miller.

Internal analysis could be different, for sure. I don't buy that Dubas was in a position to acquire him, though. He was traded well before the Marner deal was in place, and Toronto was in no position to add $4M in salary.