Brawndo

2019-20 Trade Rumors And Speculation

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Toffoli because I think he will come cheaper

He better be and Botts better be a really good salesman because moving from LA to Buffalo is going to be a very hard sell plus he'll need a pretty nice UFA salary to boot starting next year. 

Toffoli makes 4.6mil, so what is this contract going to be? 

1 hour ago, jsb said:

He better be and Botts better be a really good salesman because moving from LA to Buffalo is going to be a very hard sell plus he'll need a pretty nice UFA salary to boot starting next year. 

Not everyone likes LA.  I've been there plenty of times and if you gave me the option to choose WNY and LA to live I'd choose WNY every time.  WNY does not win that battle with every city, I just don't care for LA.

4 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Not everyone likes LA.  I've been there plenty of times and if you gave me the option to choose WNY and LA to live I'd choose WNY every time.  WNY does not win that battle with every city, I just don't care for LA.

I'd never live in LA. No chance in hell. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Toffoli makes 4.6mil, so what is this contract going to be? 

In the grand scheme of life I don't see it being all that bad.  He's a 15-25 goal scorer, 35-45 points.  He had one 30 goal season several year ago, had a bad season last year and isn't exactly lighting it up now (at least with counting stats).  His best hope is to come to a team where he can have a good remainder of the year, get to 25+ goals/50 points and convince someone he's worth 6 or 7 a season. Palat is a pretty close comparison and he makes 5.3.  He is what he is, he's a solid PART of a good team but he's not Batman or Robin. He's more like Commissioner Gordon or Alfred.  I'd love to have him though because our Batman and Robin roles are filled but we need some supporting cast.  

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd never live in LA. No chance in hell. 

Even the really nice parts, because you still have to deal with the ridiculously terrible things about LA to live in the nice parts unless you plan on locking yourself into a compound in Palos Verdes and never coming out.

If you've been commuting to the rink in LA for a number of years the idea of having a 15 minute commute can be really really appealing.

• Like (+1) 1

Didn't mean that as a blast on Buffalo but the guy has played there since 2012, he's a professional athlete, he's under 30, he has a multimillion dollar annual salary and the weather there is pretty sweet in comparison to WNY in the winter. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure Buffalo may not be his first choice.

We needed atleast two more Johansson type moves this summer.  Everybody and their ***** grandmother new this team needed more offense and Johansson and vesey isn’t even close to enough.  Is this yet another year they piss down the drain because they can’t score to save their lives?  I like their D but man their forwards suck.  Sobotka, sheary, Rodrigues, vesey, mittlestadt, okposo are all trash.  Until we get more than 5 forwards worth anything this team will continue to lose.  The same song keeps playing on the stereo.  Either wake the ***** up and change the song or just put me to sleep now.  I’ve seen how this story plays out too many times.  ***** off.  Good night. 

Edited by Derrico

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

We needed atleast two more Johansson type moves this summer.  Everybody and their ***** grandmother new this team needed more offense and Johansson and vesey isn’t even close to enough.  Is this yet another year they piss down the drain because they can’t score to save their lives?  I like their D but man their forwards suck.  Sobotka, sheary, Rodrigues, vesey, mittlestadt, okposo are all trash.  Until we get more than 5 forwards worth anything this team will continue to lose.  The same song keeps playing on the stereo.  Either wake the ***** up and change the song or just put me to sleep now.  I’ve seen how this story plays out too many times.  ***** off.  Good night. 

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Roster surgery my ***** ass.  

Hello Angry Derrico.  Nice to meet you.  We have a club.  Angry @Eleven is our fearless leader.

Fabbri has two goals in his first game with Detroit.

There are ways to make the team better during the season and I hope something happens for us.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Fabbri has two goals in his first game with Detroit.

There are ways to make the team better during the season and I hope something happens for us.

Didn't the Sabres have a trade for a guy who did that in his first game... Bernier? 

That said, Fabbri is exactly the type of player to target. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Didn't the Sabres have a trade for a guy who did that in his first game... Bernier? 

Indeed, it's a two part process - deciding to make the move, and choosing the right player.

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I wanted Fabbri as part of a trade that shall remain nameless, but he was still injured.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I hope so. I still have blue balls from July. 

Take the rubber band off.... 

• Haha (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

super secret sabres source reporting someone has Diarrhea after this overseas trip?

Tell them not to worry, we fans have it to after having to watch that garbage.

interesting that he says "forward" and not "forwards."

So something like Risto+ for a good guy, rather than Risto for two mediocre Jets? 

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

interesting that he says "forward" and not "forwards."

So something like Risto+ for a good guy, rather than Risto for two mediocre Jets? 

I've been against the Jets as a trade partner but their current situation on defense is untenable.  I don't know who else in the west has offense they can give up to get defense.  Maybe San Jose?

Dennis Bernstein mentioned the trade winds are blowing around the Kings. Friedman and Dreger both mentioned Toffoli as a forward on the move. 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dennis Bernstein mentioned the trade winds are blowing around the Kings. Friedman and Dreger both mentioned Toffoli as a forward on the move. 

Toffoli makes me nervous but he has 8 points and good possession metrics on a bad team and he would be our 7th best forward so I'm in I guess.