Jump to content
Brawndo

2019-20 Trade Rumors And Speculation

Recommended Posts

On 7/14/2019 at 8:33 PM, thewookie1 said:

RNH & Kassian

for

Risto & Sheary (450k retained)

 

Cap Neutral

Any thoughts?

 

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart

Olafsson - RNH - Vesey

Johansson - Mitts - Okposo

Larsson - ERod - Kassian

 

Dahlin - Montour

McCabe - Jokiharu

Pilut - Miller

 

Extras: Wilson, Girgs, Hunwick

Bought out Scandella, buried Sobotka

 

I love it, but I don't think any Risto-RNH trade is happening unless we're giving up significantly more. Why is Edmonton willing to trade RNH anyway? I've seen these rumors floating around, and I want to believe...

Also, check out your D-men lineup. With the Gardiner rumors and the McCabe trade rumors, how about:

Dahlin - Montour

Gardiner - Jokiharju

Pilut - Miller

Notice that this would be a complete overhaul of Housley's first-year D-men crew, which of course is a very good thing. JBot is finally getting serious about winning hockey games. A little on the late side, but better late than never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

 

I love it, but I don't think any Risto-RNH trade is happening unless we're giving up significantly more. Why is Edmonton willing to trade RNH anyway? I've seen these rumors floating around, and I want to believe...

Also, check out your D-men lineup. With the Gardiner rumors and the McCabe trade rumors, how about:

Dahlin - Montour

Gardiner - Jokiharju

Pilut - Miller

Notice that this would be a complete overhaul of Housley's first-year D-men crew, which of course is a very good thing. JBot is finally getting serious about winning hockey games. A little on the late side, but better late than never.

McCabe trade rumors? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, inkman said:

McCabe trade rumors? 🤔

I think they start and end on SabreSpace only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the slow season.  Once arbitration results begin coming out teams have to make the next round of moves as they shore it up for pre-season.

So, I don't expect much until around the first week of August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suspect Botterill has been in talks with all the teams facing a cap squeeze, particularly those with uncertainty over an RFA: Winnipeg, Calgary, Tampa, Toronto...

And I suspect he is one of many doing the same.

Those GMs probably have a number of contingencies planned depending on where their talks go and what they decide will determine what paths the contingencies take. The dominoes are real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dudacek said:

I would suspect Botterill has been in talks with all the teams facing a cap squeeze, particularly those with uncertainty over an RFA: Winnipeg, Calgary, Tampa, Toronto...

And I suspect he is one of many doing the same.

Those GMs probably have a number of contingencies planned depending on where their talks go and what they decide will determine what paths the contingencies take. The dominoes are real.

Yup that's my thinking as well. Winnipeg - Laine, Calgary - Tkachuck, Tampa - Point, Toronto - Marner...those teams have to figure out how much they're going to pay those guys first before they do anything, and that's a lot of the market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We seem to be at around the cap assuming we sign the rest of our restricted free agents.  How are we going to be helpful to teams that need to shed salaries (i.e., players) to create space if we are currently at around the cap?

Edited by jahnyc
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jahnyc said:

We seem to at around the cap assuming we sign the rest of our restricted free agents.  How are we going to be helpful to teams that need to shed salaries (i.e., players) to create space if we are currently at around the cap?

We aren't.  That ship sailed when we signed Johansson.

 

If we sign a player like Gardiner then I bet we trade out Bogosian/Scandella/Hunwick/Nelson for scraps to some other team who has room though and wants the vet 3rd pairing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

We aren't.  That ship sailed when we signed Johansson.

 

If we sign a player like Gardiner then I bet we trade out Bogosian/Scandella/Hunwick/Nelson for scraps to some other team who has room though and wants the vet 3rd pairing.

I generally agree, but no one is going to take Bogo or Hunwick without being paid to do so, and I suspect the cost will be higher than JB is willing to pay.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

We aren't.  That ship sailed when we signed Johansson.

 

If we sign a player like Gardiner then I bet we trade out Bogosian/Scandella/Hunwick/Nelson for scraps to some other team who has room though and wants the vet 3rd pairing.

I think Nelson is the kind of cheap RHD dept you keep around.    Bogo is injured and I doubt you can trade him.    Scandella Is gone though.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man how big a disappointment was Scandella. I loved that move at the time. He turned out to be absolutely nothing.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sabills said:

Man how big a disappointment was Scandella. I loved that move at the time. He turned out to be absolutely nothing.

I think he helped stabilize the D in his first year and a half. 

He seems to be shell shocked now and lacking confidence. If he hasn't recovered from last season he is not worth much. His hometown of Montreal may give the Sabres a late pick for him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect Scandella to bounce back fully this year and be the useful 2nd pairing guy he has been for most of his career.

I think he was having personal issues last year that affected his game, and Housley’s overuse and misplaced faith in him exacerbated that.

After a summer to refocus, he will come to camp ready to cash in in his UFA status. Krueger might help as well, if Marco is still in Buffalo.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Jeff Hamilton, a reporter in Winnipeg was on WGR this AM. He mentioned Laine and Connor are a package deal as one will probably not sign for less than other. 

He talked about possible targets for the Sabres in trade. He did mention EHLERS! But also mentioned he is more comfortable playing LW rather compared to RW. 

He also mentioned that Jack Roslovic and  Mathieu Perreault as targets. Particularly that Roslovic can play Center or RW, but has not been able to break into a Permanent Top 6 Role due to the Jets Top 6 Talent. 

Edited by Brawndo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Per Jeff Hamilton, a reporter in Winnipeg was on WGR this AM. He mentioned Laine and Connor are a package deal as one will probably not sign for less than other. 

He talked about possible targets for the Sabres in trade. He did mention EHLERS! But also mentioned he is more comfortable playing LW rather compared to RW. 

He also mentioned that Jack Roslovic and  Mathieu Perreault as targets. Particularly that Roslovic can play Center or RW, but has not been able to break into a Permanent Top 6 Role due to the Jets Top 6 Talent. 

I admit I’m only looking at stats, because I’m not too familiar with Roslovic, but how is he any better than Mitts? They had equal points last years and I expect Mitts to have improved. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I admit I’m only looking at stats, because I’m not too familiar with Roslovic, but how is he any better than Mitts? They had equal points last years and I expect Mitts to have improved. 

Roslovic played just 9:45 per game, 0:36 on the PP.  Mittelstadt played 13:27, 1:45 on the PP.  So he equaled Mitts’ production while getting only about 70% of the ice time and 33% of the PP time.

Beyond that, I don’t know any more than you.

  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roslovic was the 1st round pick BUF gave to WPG in the Kane trade.

The pick originally belonged to STL but went to BUF as part of the Ryan Miller trade.

Edited by pi2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Curt said:

Roslovic played just 9:45 per game, 0:36 on the PP.  Mittelstadt played 13:27, 1:45 on the PP.  So he equaled Mitts’ production while getting only about 70% of the ice time and 33% of the PP time.

Beyond that, I don’t know any more than you.

He was also 2 years older than Casey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Krickets chirping............

July 20th ... salary arbitration hearings begin.

August 4th ... salary arbitration hearings end.

Until teams know what’s going on with this ... there will be less movement than some fans want. Not just the Sabres. I didn’t say no movement ... just less.

Edited by Zamboni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Krickets chirping............

 

2 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Did Jbot loose his fax machine or something? 🙁

Well 2 posts, 10 words, 20% spelled wrong. 

I'm not sure if the kids will get the 25 year old Mike Zigomanis fax machine joke. 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Did Jbot loose his fax machine or something? 🙁

“Hey Jason, someone unplugged the fax machine”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sabresouth said:

Did Jbot loose his fax machine or something? 🙁

I imagine most GMs are in mid summer mode, phones on but vacationing somewhere on the water. Dum bass must be on an Artic cruise considering all the heat from the Marner scenario.

The odd signing activity may happen but trades probably won't pick up for 3 weeks or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...