Jump to content
Brawndo

2019-20 Trade Rumors And Speculation

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I vaguely recollect that now.  Yeah, it was a long time ago.  Kudos for voicing a lasting sentiment.

The saddest part about that was the reason. People said they didn't want to mortgage our future. Since then, the Devils went to the finals and we had no future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Thomspon and Mittlestadt are JBOTs guys.    

It would look bad for JBOT if he sent Thomspon down earlier in the season.

My theory with Mittlestadt is that he was the teacher's (Housley) pet... Both Minnesota boys, no way was Housley going to push for him to be sent down... they take care of their own.   I could see this rubbing guys like Berglund the wrong way when Casey continues to see regular 2nd line minutes while struggling.    Will be interesting to see where Mittlestadt fits in Krueger's world.   

That said, Casey better take some steps this summer.  He's always come off as kind of aloof when asked about his fitness and training habits... He gives the impression that his hands are the key to his performance, not fitness or strength, so it's a concern... that and his tobacco fueled fortnite sessions.    It's time to grow up Casey. 

Screenshot_20190710-161315_YouTube.jpg

I think there’s a lot to be said for “growing up”. I think the mental game is something a lot of very young players struggle with. They come from teams where they have been the best player on the team, and now in the NHL, they are amongst the worst. Some, like Eichel and Dahlin, can lean on their talent, but most cannot. A lot may say “well, I’m just a rookie”.  They need to realize that the NHL is the end of the line. There’s no more drafts or better teams to make. They need to grow up and realize this is their profession and they shouldn’t be doing anything besides working to be their best. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RNH & Kassian

for

Risto & Sheary (450k retained)

 

Cap Neutral

Any thoughts?

 

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart

Olafsson - RNH - Vesey

Johansson - Mitts - Okposo

Larsson - ERod - Kassian

 

Dahlin - Montour

McCabe - Jokiharu

Pilut - Miller

 

Extras: Wilson, Girgs, Hunwick

Bought out Scandella, buried Sobotka

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

RNH & Kassian

for

Risto & Sheary (450k retained)

 

Cap Neutral

Any thoughts?

 

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart

Olafsson - RNH - Vesey

Johansson - Mitts - Okposo

Larsson - ERod - Kassian

 

Dahlin - Montour

McCabe - Jokiharu

Pilut - Miller

 

Extras: Wilson, Girgs, Hunwick

Bought out Scandella, buried Sobotka

I’d do that deal in a heartbeat.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chevyvanmiller said:

I’d do that deal in a heartbeat.

Welcome to the board, Chevy. I see that you finally crossed over from TBD. I lurked here for years before posting. I'm sure people wish I'd kept it that way (not that I post much anyway). 😁🍺

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Nothing in the rumor mill today? 😞

I'm with you.  Sabres put out a tweet recapping the summer, I thought there was another trade and I was so excited.  Except, it was nothing.  Boo. Hiss.  Botterill still has plenty to do...let's go!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, at this point when I click into SS, I'm hoping to see a trade for a 2C or something.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brawndo said:

 

I can has more defense?

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

 

I really think everything is hinging on Point and Marner. Once that's decided a few UFA's can decide, trades can happen, etc. 

Getting Gardiner would mean Scandella/McCabe are gone. And if they're gone we might be waiting on Gardiner to package Scandella/Ristolainen somewhere; say, Tampa Bay, who's waiting on Point, who's waiting on Marner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 10:37 AM, ExWNYer said:

Welcome to the board, Chevy. I see that you finally crossed over from TBD. I lurked here for years before posting. I'm sure people wish I'd kept it that way (not that I post much anyway). 😁🍺

 

On 7/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, Chevyvanmiller said:

I’d do that deal in a heartbeat.

Welcome Chevy and both of you should post often!

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WildCard said:

I really think everything is hinging on Point and Marner. Once that's decided a few UFA's can decide, trades can happen, etc. 

Getting Gardiner would mean Scandella/McCabe are gone. And if they're gone we might be waiting on Gardiner to package Scandella/Ristolainen somewhere; say, Tampa Bay, who's waiting on Point, who's waiting on Marner

If we could get Tyler Johnson from Tampa I'd welcome it yet with us close to the cap it likely cost us Risto which wouldn't give us much cap room unless we could cap dump someone else. Maybe in a possible three way with Risto to Edmonton, McCabe goes to Tampa with Pulujujarvi and we get Johnson?

Edited by The Jokeman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If we could get Tyler Johnson from Tampa I'd welcome it yet with us close to the cap it likely cost us Risto which wouldn't give us much cap room unless we could cap dump someone else. Maybe in a possible three way with Risto to Edmonton, McCabe goes to Tampa with Pulujujarvi and we get Johnson?

For the 100th time. Johnson has a full NTC. He has to want to come here rather than stay in Tampa. That seems...unlikely.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

For the 100th time. Johnson has a full NTC. He has to want to come here rather than stay in Tampa. That seems...unlikely.

Tampa's seems stuck with all their NTCs, just trying to make something happen. In an ideal world we could trade Risto to Winnipeg for Connor and sign him to a short deal and shift Reinhart to 2C. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also our Cap space for this year isn't that big any more, we need to move substract before we can add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

For the 100th time. Johnson has a full NTC. He has to want to come here rather than stay in Tampa. That seems...unlikely.

Yep.  Stevie Y didn't do BriseBois any favors with the NTCs.  I know he did what he thought he had to do, but he really handcuffed the organization as he bolted (yeah, I took the easy shot) back to Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Also our Cap space for this year isn't that big any more, we need to move substract before we can add.

If I'm not mistaken, you can exceed the cap by 10% in the off season as long as you fall into compliance by the official start date of the season, which is normally in the first week or 2 of October.

That being the case, the cap currently sits at $81,500,000 and the Sabres, as of today, currently sit at $76,384,524. Adding the 10% off season escalator puts the off season cap at $89,650,000. When deducting where the Sabres currently are the off season cap space before the season start sits at $13,265,476.

If my math is correct, and I'm no expert but looks accurate, we have plenty of room to bring in pieces and sign McCabe and Ullmark. I don't think the cap space is such a big issue for off season moves so far. I think it has much more to do with Botterill working a monster deal along with a minor one, shipping out some players and returning a couple all while also pursuing Gardiner, if rumors are to be believed.

Once again, if the math is off, I'm not seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

If my math is correct, and I'm no expert but looks accurate, we have plenty of room to bring in pieces and sign McCabe and Ullmark. I don't think the cap space is such a big issue for off season moves so far. I think it has much more to do with Botterill working a monster deal along with a minor one, shipping out some players and returning a couple all while also pursuing Gardiner, if rumors are to be believed.

I agree.  Besides a monster deal involving Risto, I see a few minor ones to replenish our draft picks in the coming years.  JBOT has always maintained that he builds through the draft and we are currently down 2 3rds and a 5th in the next 3 years.  I see JBOT trying to get those back, if not better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I agree.  Besides a monster deal involving Risto, I see a few minor ones to replenish our draft picks in the coming years.  JBOT has always maintained that he builds through the draft and we are currently down 2 3rds and a 5th in the next 3 years.  I see JBOT trying to get those back, if not better.

I’ve thought of this too.

The contract statuses of Bogosian, Scandella, Sheary, Vesey, Zemgus and Larsson demands some kind of sell-off that should at least replenish those missing thirds.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’ve thought of this too.

The contract statuses of Bogosian, Scandella, Sheary, Vesey, Zemgus and Larsson demands some kind of sell-off that should at least replenish those missing thirds.

Heaven forbid we are out of it again at the trade deadline next year, I would think ALL of those players that you mentioned should be traded for picks.

Oh yeah, and JBOT can trade Sobotka today for a conditional bag of pucks.

Edited by Tondas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

For the 100th time. Johnson has a full NTC. He has to want to come here rather than stay in Tampa. That seems...unlikely.

giphy.gif

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Tampa's seems stuck with all their NTCs, just trying to make something happen. In an ideal world we could trade Risto to Winnipeg for Connor and sign him to a short deal and shift Reinhart to 2C. 

This is why I keep talking about Cirelli.  Tampa is seriously hamstrung in terms of being able to move salary as all of their big dollar players are not tradeable assets.  I think they will hold on to him this year because they probably can, but after this season their cap jail doesn't improve at all and they'll have another player due a big raise as an RFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...