Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What was wrong with that play? He got the puck, ERod couldn’t clear it. He then knocks the guy off the puck again. Isn’t that what he is supposed to do?

And if you watch that penalty from a different angle, it only happens because Larkin (I believe that's who it was) trips over Bogosian's leg, which causes all of the contact.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

And if you watch that penalty from a different angle, it only happens because Larkin (I believe that's who it was) trips over Bogosian's leg, which causes all of the contact.

Wait. They called penalty on that play? Weak.

59 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Good luck unloading this guy 

55 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If Bogo plays another game for Buffalo it is clear that trading him is more important than winning. If I were Colin Miller I would demand a trade for being benched so that could play. 

He scored a goal yesterday, the only discussion we should be having about him is increasing his ice time and what his contract extension should look like.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Not that I want to trade Miller, but Miller for Kapanen makes sense for all parties. 

16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Almost too much sense 

I'd be very happy with this, but I think the Sabres would have to considerably sweeten the offer.

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'd be very happy with this, but I think the Sabres would have to considerably sweeten the offer.

By retaining 0.6 mil/season.  Leafs are cap hamstrung.  Retaining the differences in the contracts may be enough.  I know Botterill is allergic to cap retention, but Kapanen would be a great get.  Leafs are desperate for defenders.

26 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

By retaining 0.6 mil/season.  Leafs are cap hamstrung.  Retaining the differences in the contracts may be enough.  I know Botterill is allergic to cap retention, but Kapanen would be a great get.  Leafs are desperate for defenders.

No question he would be a great get, but others will offer more than just the equivalent of Miller.

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.c2d3b41b80e69cd2199de9928a7021d6.JPG

Why are they hamstrung?   They have $5.8M in Deadline cap space.  Morgan Reilly is out for months (at least two) and even if Muzzin comes back in February, they seemingly have plenty of space to make a move. 

I align with @nfreeman - considerable sweetener.    Why would they trade a young asset with excellent possession metrics and has a much higher ceiling for a  guy who has been healthy scratched 15 times this year?  And do it within division.   No chance. 

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Why are they hamstrung?   They have $5.8M in Deadline cap space.  Morgan Reilly is out for months (at least two) and even if Muzzin comes back in February, they seemingly have plenty of space to make a move. 

I align with @nfreeman - considerable sweetener.    Why would they trade a young asset with excellent possession metrics and has a much higher ceiling for a  guy who has been healthy scratched 15 times this year?  And do it within division.   No chance. 

You're assuming they value Miller the same as Krueger does. 

15 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You're assuming they value Miller the same as Krueger does. 

Problem with this speculation is that Dubas and everyone else could have acquired Miller for a lot less then Kapanen before Buffalo acquired him. Maybe his private numbers don’t match the public numbers always associated with Miller.

22 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

it’s a three year contract. They’re cap hamstrung as soon as Reilly is back.

35 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Problem with this speculation is that Dubas and everyone else could have acquired Miller for a lot less then Kapanen before Buffalo acquired him. Maybe his private numbers don’t match the public numbers always associated with Miller.

Internal analysis could be different, for sure. I don't buy that Dubas was in a position to acquire him, though. He was traded well before the Marner deal was in place, and Toronto was in no position to add $4M in salary. 

33 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This. @TrueBlueGED - look at the compensation we gave Vegas.  It was  a St. Louis 2nd in 2021 (presumably low) and our 5th in 2022 (hopefully low).   And his stock has dropped somewhat since the trade.  If the original trade is the starting point, is this not far less compensation you might obtain for a 20 goal/45 point player who is 23?  Washington received more for  Burakovsky, and he was less accomplished, although playing better in COL. 

"After surrendering his top selection in this year’s draft to the Ottawa Senators as part of the deal to get defenceman Erik Karlsson in September 2018, the word is Wilson is embarrassed that could be a lottery selection because of the backwards turn the Sharks have taken this season and, as a result, he’ll try desperately to get a first-rounder back at this year’s deadline."

Caught this on another venue. If true, Botterill should be all over this.

My view, Hertl for Okposo and the 2020 1st unprotected, if the deal is done like right now. If not, the closer to the deadline, I would have to see where the Sabres sit in the standings, but yea, Hertl would be an immediate 2C.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.